WNYPCRepair

Saw this beast around the corner today

WNYPCRepair

That is one big tractor just to plow the driveway. That is not a farm, just a house with about a 50' driveway

The top of that cage (ROPS? Not sure what it is) is easily 10', and looks closer to 15'

image.thumb.jpg.95ce1a2098f3bb1eca2fc1e5

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 4

C-101plowerpower

can't see a picture Brian

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@WNYPCRepair in all your excitement, you forgot to post the photo!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:wwp::wwp::wwp::happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
2 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

@WNYPCRepair in all your excitement, you forgot to post the photo!

Sorry, posted that from my phone, no idea what happened. 

We obviously have bigger tractors than that around here, it just seemed weird to me to have that sitting in someone's driveway, with no farm around

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

ooh what is it? 706 farmall? looks good.

AMC RULES

Does seem kinda strange...    :eusa-think:   

not like it ever really snows there in Buffalo?  :scratchead:

Buffalo-Lake-Effect-Snow-Storm-Pics-4.jp

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 7

WNYPCRepair

I live 10 miles north of Buffalo. When that picture was taken I had an inch or two. :)

today i I have about an inch but 5 miles south of Buffalo they had 12" and up

AMC RULES

Yeah, does seem crazy then, huh?   :confusion-shrug:

Ed Kennell

We're forecast  to get our first snow tonight.....a dusting.    Bummer ... the fleet is patiently waiting.IMG_4136.thumb.JPG.433093f30e485e96ee908IMG_5154.thumb.JPG.7863f7fcd7145297171bdIMG_3589.thumb.JPG.df938705390cbc5b345af

• Like 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed , what in the world is that thing in the last picture ? Does it work?:banana-skier:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

That's a 1963 Sears & Roebuck  Craftsman Walk Behind Blower that I saw at an auction a few years back.

It reminded me of the blowers you see on the steam locomotives in some of the old movies shot in the Northwest.   So I had to buy it for giggles.

It does run, but I have never tried it in the snow.  Maybe next year If I can find a cab for it.

It's listed in my signature.

Edited by ekennell
  • Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

If you find a cab , you better find some cushions with the lovely steel wheels it will be a monster to handle.:ROTF:

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Don't run over the cat with that thing. looks like it would turn them into cat burgers :)

Plowed my measly little inch of snow when I got home. It was too powdery to use the blower

Ed Kennell

Yeah that would get pretty hairy. 

I haven't decided what I'll use tomorrow to clean up the blizzard forecast for us tonight.    Could be a broom....or if it really gets deep, I may have to resort to the leaf blower.

• Like 3

KC9KAS

We got 3" of snow over ice on Saturday night to Sunday morning.

The ground and streets were somewhat warm, so the streets are fairly clear now.

Didn't even consider getting a plow out because it was only 8*!

Digger 66
8 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

5 miles south of Buffalo they had 12" and up

Yeah Buddy !!!! :banana-jumprope: 

But it all blew away ....:(

Edited by Digger 66

Phil854
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:34 AM, ekennell said:

We're forecast  to get our first snow tonight.....a dusting.    Bummer ... the fleet is patiently waiting.IMG_4136.thumb.JPG.433093f30e485e96ee908IMG_5154.thumb.JPG.7863f7fcd7145297171bdIMG_3589.thumb.JPG.df938705390cbc5b345af

like that Simplicity walk behind sitting back there!!!

Ed Kennell

Good eyes Phil.    That  migrated to Maryland last year to another :rs:member that loves Bee Hinds.

• Like 1

waterlooboy2hp
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, ekennell said:

That's a 1963 Sears & Roebuck  Craftsman Walk Behind Blower that I saw at an auction a few years back.

It reminded me of the blowers you see on the steam locomotives in some of the old movies shot in the Northwest.   So I had to buy it for giggles.

It does run, but I have never tried it in the snow.  Maybe next year If I can find a cab for it.

It's listed in my signature.

===================================================

They were made by Western Tool & Stamping Co. and sold under the Craftsman and the Homko names. This is the 1963 Homko version, that I got for free on Craigs list a few years ago.  You would not believe how well it moves snow. I used it in 16" of snow and could not clog it. It just laughs at the plow bank, at the end of the driveway. It also was throwing snow 10' in the air. Mine has an H-35 on it. I made new front wheels for it, because the ones in the photo were worn down so much.----- John in York

dksoliZ.jpg

Edited by waterlooboy2hp
spelling
  • Like 4

Ed Kennell

Looks like they'll get some action this weekend Waterloo.     6-12" in York.

waterlooboy2hp
10 hours ago, ekennell said:

Looks like they'll get some action this weekend Waterloo.     6-12" in York.

====================================================================

This morning, I see that the National Weather Service is now calling for 12"+, for York.  I have 7 snow blowers, so the little Homko will stay in the shop.  I have this machine, that I want to try out. I bought it on Craig`s List last January and restored it this past summer. I picked it up down your way, a bit West of Rt. 74, just off of Rt. 425. --- John

photo ss-RF_zpsfiebezks.jpg   photo ss-LF_zpsxlm44vyy.jpg  photo ss-augers_zps6wghvjfr.jpg

• Like 8

Ed Kennell

I'll be interested to see how that one works.  I've never seen a 2 stage with the blower on the same axis as the auger. And those stacked augers should handle the deep stuff.

• Like 2

waterlooboy2hp
2 hours ago, ekennell said:

I'll be interested to see how that one works.  I've never seen a 2 stage with the blower on the same axis as the auger. And those stacked augers should handle the deep stuff.

=============================================================

It is what they called a 3 stage.  It is a 1964 Moto-Mower Snow Shark. A number of companies made 3 stage machines. They were pretty much overkill for the average home owner, because the 2 stage machines pretty much covered all the needs  of the average person. It has a regular geared transmission with HI-LOW. That gives it 2 speeds forward and 2 reverse. There are no v-belts. The machine has 17 feet of roller chain and a go-cart type clutch on the engine. I have done 3 minor mods on it, but otherwise, it is all original. ------ John

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Unique design...driving the impeller of the lower auger.  Looks like it will turn 4-5 x the auger RPM.

• Like 1