WNYPCRepair

Service manual for a two stage 5XI snow blower?

WNYPCRepair

Anyone have one, or am I missing one that is already here? 

Alternately, does anyone know how to replace the auger bearings?

Rick_in_CT

Attached are the operator and parts manuals.  I am not aware on an actual service manual for the snow blower.

To be clear, the augers are the two big things at the front of the snow blower that pull the snow in, and the fan is the part under the chute that blows the snow out.  Do you want to change the bearings on each end of the auger shafts, or the bearing behind the fan?  I have changed both in the past and can offer some assistance.

Rick

522xi Snow Blower Operator Manual.pdf

522xi Snow Blower Parts Manual.pdf

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair
3 hours ago, Rick_in_CT said:

Attached are the operator and parts manuals.  I am not aware on an actual service manual for the snow blower.

To be clear, the augers are the two big things at the front of the snow blower that pull the snow in, and the fan is the part under the chute that blows the snow out.  Do you want to change the bearings on each end of the auger shafts, or the bearing behind the fan?  I have changed both in the past and can offer some assistance.

Rick

522xi Snow Blower Operator Manual.pdf

522xi Snow Blower Parts Manual.pdf

I need to change the ones at the end of each shaft, on the side walls of the blower. Thanks.

3 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Not aware of a service manual for these. Suspect the best guide will be the illustrated parts lists.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?q=79366&type=downloads_file

Garry

I was looking at that last night, it looks like I may be able to pull the shaft out of the end, I'm not sure.

Edited by WNYPCRepair

rick

Toro may have a service manual available, may not be free. Not having a model/serial #, I can't check. The site is not very user friendly, best way to look up is with mod/ser #.

Edited by rick
added info

Rick_in_CT

Not to difficult.  First raise the blower, and lower it on a piece of wood that goes under the blower scraper edge, but not under the side walls or skid shoes.  You want to create a small air gap under the skid shoes.  Next you want to block the auger in place.  When the bearing is removed, the auger is going to have no support at the end of the shaft, and you don't want to stress the bearing and seal at the gear box.  Next, remove the center bolt from the shaft, remove the four bolts that hold the bearing housing to the side plate, then unbolt the side plate from the blower housing.  The bearing is now free to be removed.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
58 minutes ago, Rick_in_CT said:

Not to difficult.  First raise the blower, and lower it on a piece of wood that goes under the blower scraper edge, but not under the side walls or skid shoes.  You want to create a small air gap under the skid shoes.  Next you want to block the auger in place.  When the bearing is removed, the auger is going to have no support at the end of the shaft, and you don't want to stress the bearing and seal at the gear box.  Next, remove the center bolt from the shaft, remove the four bolts that hold the bearing housing to the side plate, then unbolt the side plate from the blower housing.  The bearing is now free to be removed.

Ah, OK, so the side plates do have to come off. Thanks, I appreciate the info.

WNYPCRepair

I bet I could have gotten a couple more hours out of these. 

image.thumb.jpg.ab828f19047d0ae2bd982ac7

Digger 66

W O W  ! 

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

I replaced the first bearing, and thought "I should have ordered the flanges, these are kind of rusty. I wonder why I didn't?" 

Replaced the second, reached into the box and pulled out a set of flanges. Yep, I ordered them. So I did the first one again and replaced both sets of flanges too. 

image.thumb.jpg.fc3676e80c847207cba8a068image.thumb.jpg.04e1828766f05d528e56df45

• Like 1

Digger 66

Where'd ya get 'em ? 

I have to get my walk-behind apart this summer & go through it .

Edited by Digger 66

WNYPCRepair
9 minutes ago, Digger 66 said:

Where'd ya get 'em ? 

I have to get my walk-behind apart this summer & go through it .

Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 4.50.10 PM.png

Digger 66

Ahhh Ha . 

Thought maybe you went to Fox .