russellmc301

How rare is an A-100

russellmc301

i have One and I'm wondering how rare it is, since i can only find one video on YouTube. Also if anyone has one and they could say how good of horse it is. 

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

they're not that rare i think, and more a mower than a garden tractor

rmaynard

The A-100 came out in 1976 and 1977. It is not rare, but it is not considered to be a collectible. The machine was designed with a pressed steel frame, Briggs vertical engine, and a Peerless transmission. It was designed as a "lawn tractor" as opposed to a "garden tractor" which would have ground engaging accessories. Nothing wrong with it though. You will find some pictures of some A-100's restored by members in the gallery section of this forum.

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:    The A-100 may not be the rarest model, but as long as you enjoy it that is the most important  thing. We all have our favorites and love to see other models too.       :wwp:

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Ken B

If it were in MINT or excellent original condition that would be rare and someone would want to add it to their collection....  But,even if that were the case due to the low demand the value would also be somewhat low.. Still a good little tractor. You should be able to tell us how good it is as most of us haven't owned one...:D

• Like 1

russellmc301

thanks guys, I'm on break now so i have been working on it. I have to running and driving now so now we are going to fix the break and tire. will most likely paint it after that, what color is true wheel horse red?  

RedRanger
3 hours ago, russellmc301 said:

thanks guys, I'm on break now so i have been working on it. I have to running and driving now so now we are going to fix the break and tire. will most likely paint it after that, what color is true wheel horse red?  

A quick search here will show there is no true "Wheel Horse color".

Anything close seems to be the answer.

Rustoleum Regal Red is the best color in my opinion, or IH Red.

If you peel off a decal and compare the red underneath with the above, you'll have a close match.

Brian01

Rare? I'll share a rare story...I was driving through my hometown today, looked over where they had recently tore down a house that had caught fire, way in the back of the property sits a WH, with snow plow attached, weeds grown up around it, been sitting there for who knows how long....I'm going to inquire about it soon.....you just don't see WH Tractors this close to me, literally a mile from home.

Edited by Brian01
Typo
  • Like 1

WheelHorse79

Sounds good, keep us posted!

Tankman

Brian, same find here.

Surprised to find a '90 520-8. Made an offer, Horse came home with me and grandson.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Brian01

Awsome...I havnt had a chance to stop by n see about this one yet...it's an older Tractor I can tell that, but what model, I havnt a clue...maybe sometime this weekend I'll get a chance to take a look.

chris sutton

I have a A100 here in the UK, it came to me in a job lot of Wheelhorse's and I think its a nice little tractor. it needs fixing up and will get to it when the weather warms up a bit.

I also have a A90 which is almost the same I think but I converted that to run on tracks

• Like 2

953 nut
12 minutes ago, chris sutton said:

I also have a A90 which is almost the same I think but I converted that to run on tracks

:wwp:       If you have some pictures of the conversion and the finished tractor I'm sure a lot of people would love to see them.

• Like 2

chris sutton

Thanks Koen, you beat me to it. :thanks:

• Like 1