DougC

Had A Great Wheel Horse Saturday

DougC

20 degrees at 11:00 am, fired up the wood furnace in the garage and in about half an hour the coat was off and I was taking off both running boards and side panels on the '88 520H. Found mouse nest filled with mouse poison pellets on the brake pedal side and a ton of oily, dirt and grass covering and burying everything. Installed a new belt from motor to trans. on right side and then started cleaning up the mess on the other side where the mice had been. discovered the reason my park brake and motion lever return were not working. Rod going through frame to linkage was not connected and about 20 minutes later and several swear words I could push the brake pedal and the motion lever would return to the stop position and the park brake could be set and holds and even the dash warning light worked properly again. Found the steering block grease zerk you guys told me about by turning the wheel all the way to the right and greased the dickens out of everything again. Thanks every one for all your help and advice. My tach and charging system were repaired a few weeks ago as well from all your tips and knowledge.  What a great day!!!!

• Like 8

Wishin4a416

Sounds like you had some fun Doug. I took the wifey Shopping but I did get a good Dinner out of the deal. Did some work on the K321 today.

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

A good day is a good day. I just got in from the garage myself. 25 degrees outside, but I have heat in there to. Makes it a better working place. I was straightening out the workbenches and cleaning tools and trying to tidy up. The place is now half a wreck. I kicked back in my chair and envisioned a snowcab on each tractor. Wishfull thinking again. Glad your day was good Doug, and Jack, my food tastes a little better when the mrs picks up the tab. Its rare,,,,,but happens.

Glenn

• Like 5

baerpath
10 hours ago, Wishin4a416 said:

Sounds like you had some fun Doug. I took the wifey Shopping but I did get a good Dinner out of the deal. Did some work on the K321 today.

Did the same thing took her shopping. Ended up with 6 bottles of home made wine,  and a gallon of homemade Cheer.  My kind of shopping

• Like 4

Retired Wrencher
6 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

A good day is a good day. I just got in from the garage myself. 25 degrees outside, but I have heat in there to. Makes it a better working place. I was straightening out the workbenches and cleaning tools and trying to tidy up. The place is now half a wreck. I kicked back in my chair and envisioned a snowcab on each tractor. Wishfull thinking again. Glad your day was good Doug, and Jack, my food tastes a little better when the mrs picks up the tab. Its rare,,,,,but happens.

Glenn

Glen Waite till you retire. I have every nut and blot put away from the summer. All parts lined up ready to be put on. You so much time on your hands. They say you never have enough time when you retire I have not found this to be true yet.  But it is  fun when you have something to work on. You have the time to think it thru. Gary    B....

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
2 hours ago, T1257 said:

Glen Waite till you retire. I have every nut and blot put away from the summer. All parts lined up ready to be put on. You so much time on your hands. They say you never have enough time when you retire I have not found this to be true yet.  But it is  fun when you have something to work on. You have the time to think it thru. Gary    B....

Gary. I am retired. the place is still a half mess. A project us always waiting. Seems theres no let up. Thanks for the thoughts. like Trace Atkins sings "I'am Tryin" 

Glenn

• Like 4

DougC
14 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

I kicked back in my chair and envisioned a snowcab on each tractor. Wishfull thinking again

Remember Glenn, I've pledged a dollar toward that cab, don't give up yet buddy, we'll get there.  :thumbs2:

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher
20 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Gary. I am retired. the place is still a half mess. A project us always waiting. Seems theres no let up. Thanks for the thoughts. like Trace Atkins sings "I'am Tryin" 

Glenn

OOPPSS I did not know Glen. I think we should have a retired Icon next to our name. So we do not make a mistake like I did. Enjoy your time. 

Edited by T1257
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 6:21 AM, T1257 said:

OOPPSS I did not know Glen. I think we should have a retired Icon next to our name. So we do not make a mistake like I did. Enjoy your time. 

you know we should talk to Karl about that.

a retired icon. What should it be?  now we need to figure out a retired icon. what a good idea.

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

I'm thinkin'...either a pink housecoat,

or Hello Kitty slippers icon.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Image result for hello kitty slippers

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
6 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

a retired icon. What should it be?  now we need to figure out a retired icon. what a good idea.

Glenn

How about Just retired  in bold print. With a smiley face I think after 40 + years we deserve it.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
13 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

I'm thinkin'...either a pink housecoat,

or Hello Kitty slippers icon.   

Image result for hello kitty slippers

wear those at work. we can vote after we find out how you made out. lol

Glenn

AMC RULES

Clearly, made for lounging...:ychain:

and not for the working man Glenn.  

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-offtopic:            How did this go from having a great Saturday to dissing retirees?  

Saturday.jpg.b7a3e35b205e34c92fac9a8f195

• Like 4

953 nut
On 12/23/2015 at 11:35 PM, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

a retired icon. What should it be?

How about this?  567c1e7827ba4_RedSquareRetiree.jpg.bfe90

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
3 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

How about this?  567c1e7827ba4_RedSquareRetiree.jpg.bfe90

the horse head needs grey hair and a bald spot.

Glenn

• Like 3

953 nut
1 minute ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

horse head needs grey hair and a bald spot.

Just because I am a septuagenarian that doesn't mean I'v lost my hair; my mind yes, but I still have hair.  :ychain:

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

needs grey hair

Not an attractive look.  567c3a6358da3_GrayRedSquareRetiree.jpg.e

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
30 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Not an attractive look.  567c3a6358da3_GrayRedSquareRetiree.jpg.e

Looks great. The silver fox. 

Glenn