IGOTAIR

Xi Snowcab on a C81?

IGOTAIR

Hello, first post here. I've recently received back a C81 I put together years ago for my father in-law.  I I'm looking for a snow cab for it as the primary use is for snow blowing. I've recently found a one for the Xi series tractors, and while I realize its not a direct bolt on, has anyone done any mods to make it work? Or should I just wait to find one that fits?

I tried searching, but I don't see anything. Thanks in advance.

Aaron

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

All the cabs are basically the same except for some holes in the canvas and the structure. If you are handy and can fab some new structural pieces, I wouldnt be afraid if the price was right. I put an XI cab on a 300 series and HorseFixer put one on a 500 series.

• Like 1

DougC

Welcome to the forum. Like Jack said, if the price is right you can make it fit.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

Wishin4a416

Keep in mind there will be no pocket in the cab for your manual lift as the XI is power lift and no slit in the cab for your auger handle.

WNYPCRepair

New cabs are available for about $800 at original cab company

IGOTAIR

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't say its a screaming deal, person is firm at $375. But it does have the glass windshield and power wiper. I am handy, even if I need to add some other aluminum skin/trim panels to make it work. Good feedback on the Xi  being power.

I'll post pics if I decide to buy it.

roadapples

Doesn`t sound too bad with glass windshield and wiper. Will seem even better at 20* and the wind blowing. Oh yea, welcome to Red Square.

Edited by roadapples

JC 1965

Buy it .!!    Sounds like a no brainer to me.   :hide:

shallowwatersailor

Given the differences between the Classic Wheel Horse cab and the 5xi cab - and making the 5xi work on your C-81, any tractor brand cab can be made to fit. Fun Engineer even put a yellow (Cub Cadet?) cab on his Wheel Horse. It might be easier to search further for a more suitable cab size-wise.