rmaynard

Matt's Foot Pedal and Angle Lever Conflict

rmaynard

I recently installed one of Matt's foot pedal kits on my 416-H. As an alternative to the steering column mounted motion lever it is wonderful. However, I am wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the pedal conflicting with the angle lever for the snow plow.

Here is my problem. I was showing my wife how to change the angle of the blade. When I pulled the lever back to angle the blade to the left, the pedal hits the lever.

conflict.thumb.jpg.1369eb0f05ae347276faa

If I bend the lever to the left to be able to clear the lever,

conflict2.thumb.jpg.c46419c97f06d97904f7

The top of the lever hits the muffler.

conflict3.thumb.jpg.059229034437ece8c568

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and how did you work around it? It looks like the only way to fix this is to put a z-bend in the lever. to move the bottom closer to the frame and away from the pedal, and the top away from the muffler.

The 416-H is a 1996 and the blade is a 1996, 79350 48".

KC9KAS

I am guessing a "z" bend is the answer..maybe the only answer! 

AMC RULES

With a little heat...:angry-extinguishflame:

should be easy enough. 

pfrederi

Something is amiss, setting aside the pedal issue why is your handle hitting the muffler??  Did it do that before the pedal conversion???

rmaynard
51 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Something is amiss, setting aside the pedal issue why is your handle hitting the muffler??  Did it do that before the pedal conversion???

The lever cleared the muffler by about 1/2", but I had to bend it slightly to clear the pedal.

dcrage

My snowplow lever has always hit the muffler when angling to the left. Maybe the plow model isn't "correct" for my 310-8, BUT it was sold to me by the dealer I bought the tractor from. And when I asked about angling to the left, his instruction was to push the lever outside of the muffler. Been doing that for 25 years now. 

rmaynard

Another thing that I forgot to mention is that the plow cannot be used with the plastic PTO cover on. I didn't read the plow manual, but I'm sure it mentions that somewhere.

clip

I just got done straightening my angle lever out. Years of installing and removing it took a toll and it gradually bent to where it was interfering with the brake pedal. I say go for the z bend.

shallowwatersailor

Bob, I can't really tell from your photos. I had to get a different lever when I bought my 42" plow for the C-Series at the show a few years ago. It came with a "straight" lever that interfered with the brake pedal on the right. I bought this handle at Lawson's in New Market. It has the bend and also a notch for clearance. The photos are the front side.

DSCN3288.thumb.JPG.964f0bee53d61c89e1e99DSCN3289.thumb.JPG.0e6133dfcc2cf124e9369

Edited by shallowwatersailor

diamondred

I ran into this problem as well when I took the plow off the 310 and put it on the 414 with the muffler up by the hood. The 310 has the down swept type. I got it to work though...

cheesegrader

I just got the pedal on one of my 520s, and have the same issue with the angled handle that is used with the 520 extension kit.

It only hits the pedal, but does not hit the muffler.

I'm thinkng that a little angle bend will make it fit, but it is going to be really tight!

Don1977

Why don't you just extend it out past the foot pad like the xi series plow.

skrusins

This maybe a little too late, but I want to try it before posting about what I did. I had a similar problem

with my index lever what I did was using soft copper tubing like the one used for ice maker or dehumidifier

line attached it to the index lever and ran a piece aviation wire thru it and used it in place of the solid wire.

Works great.

Edited by skrusins
mis-interpetion

cheesegrader

Don,

I'm built like a short-armed troll.

If that index lever goes any further forward, I'll have to sit on the hood to reach it!

I loosened the nut that mounts the lever to the A-frame.  Just enough slop now that I can make things fit.

Not the ideal soluiton.  I think I will put a bend in it when I have it apart this spring.