JimD

Got a little hole to fill in out back..

JimD
SAM_0570.thumb.JPG.951ecc3b15b2ee3477f73
SAM_0571.thumb.JPG.bcd45b735da6082a87df0
SAM_0572.thumb.JPG.3316a0ce62d4acecf93c7
SAM_0573.thumb.JPG.0ceabf92ebf64e5515dc9
SAM_0574.thumb.JPG.40eab460dfed559b1f9f6SAM_0574.thumb.JPG.40eab460dfed559b1f9f6
this could take a few minutes. :lol:
  • Like 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

That looks like my backyard

DougC

Leaves, leaves, leaves.............:wacko:       QUIICK......... PUSH EM IN THAT HOLE.............:lol:

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
Looks like my backyard too. I think you will need a few more Wheel Horses and about a Zillion Billion Million leaves !!!
  • Like 2

953 nut
:text-coolphotos:  The debris guard on your engine looks like it will do a terrific job of keeping leaves and clippings from blocking air flow. I want one! What did it come off?   :text-bravo:
  • Like 1

JimD

Richard, the guard on the engine came with the engine. This engine is a transplant Tecumseh OH-140 14 HP out of a Sears tractor. It replaced the original 8 HP Kohler which is in need of a rebuild. Another member also said he wanted one. Maybe we should start up a business making custom debris guards. :ychain:

• Like 2

squonk

I'll be over with my tall shoot blower! :banana-linedance:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Nice picks Jim...I think you need to invest in a grenade launcher, or maybe a mortar firering thingy.  Looks like the perfect place.  :)  Photon torpedoes would help to fill in that hole.  :eusa-think:

• Like 2

rmaynard

I don't think you are going to fill that hole if you push leaves for the rest of your life. :confusion-confused:

Edited by rmaynard
spelling
  • Like 1

953 nut

Richard, the guard on the engine came with the engine. This engine is a transplant Tecumseh OH-140 14 HP out of a Sears tractor. It replaced the original 8 HP Kohler which is in need of a rebuild. Another member also said he wanted one. Maybe we should start up a business making custom debris guards. :ychain:

If you build it I want to be your first customer!

Wishin4a416

Looks like you need some more fill Jim!!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

If you were close I would bring mine over to help you out.

glenn

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

I think that I would use a 48" blade. It would be a little quicker.  :D

• Like 1

JimD

Nice picks Jim...I think you need to invest in a grenade launcher, or maybe a mortar firering thingy.  Looks like the perfect place.  :)  Photon torpedoes would help to fill in that hole.  :eusa-think:

The hole used to be a working sandstone quarry when I was a kid growing up here. It closed in the early 70's. Several years ago it was sold to a guy who now operates a firing range for law enforcement and other groups.

Marv

I have lots of shredded mulch from branches and leaves too. You can have them to put in that hole. Imagine a hole that size filled then turned into compost.
Marvin

SylvanLakeWH

With Thanksgiving coming up, I plan to regale the kids with the annual playing of Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant". That "hole" in your pictures brings to mind all the trouble "Alice's" people get into by fillin' holes up when no ones lookin'... I'm just wondering' how much more they coulda got into that hole if Arlo had his folks use a Wheel Horse in the song?

You can get anything you want, at Alice's restaurant (ceptin Alice...)...:twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

boovuc

That engine cover looks like it may be off of a single cyl Onan engine.
Some older Sears tractors had the single cylinder Onan and it sure looks like one of those covers. 

JimD

This engine was given to me by a friend. He still had the Sears tractor it come from but I don't know what model it was now. The guard came with the engine so I assume it was original to the engine, but who knows how things get modified over time. It doesn't look to have been retrofitted though. Making some of these might make a guy a few dollars if he had the skills to do it.

• Like 1