ericj

never thought i would add a black hood to my collection, but......

elcamino/wheelhorse

Very nice tractor. 

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair

Yes, it is. Very nice

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Here I go again!  Another one I'd like!  Why wouldn't anybody/everybody want a C-195?  Why WH decided to not distinguish that model is a mystery to me!  For the longest time I just assumed it was like any other ol' C-XXX but with a 19.5hp engine.  Yes, that was when I didn't know about the "XX5" thing either!  But WH should have given the C-195 a different name altogether!  I'm sure I was not the only one to not realize how different they were/are!  GT-195 would have made more sense!  Even though C-Plus 195 sounds silly it would have made more sense!

Nice find and from what I now know I gather one of the more capable WHs made.  Maybe not quite a D-series but certainly more than a C-series!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I always liked the super C, maybe someday. But like you, my garage is packed to the gills right now. Needing space sux. Lol. 
good thing my mrs dont read this.

Glenn

• Like 1

slammer302

Very clean original looking C-195 i can see why it would be a keeper 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

You're going to need a bigger boat....er trailer Eric.     Only one more week of deer hunting, then I can get back to horse hunting.    I fell asleep early Sat night and never did check CL.
Like they say "snooze and you lose".     That beast should be able to replace several 520s to make room in the box.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Way to bring em home.

• Like 2

DennisThornton

I always liked the super C, maybe someday. But like you, my garage is packed to the gills right now. Needing space sux. Lol. 
good thing my mrs dont read this.

Glenn

I like that!  "Super C"!  Seems some other tractor maker was found of that name as well!  Maybe that's why WH didn't use it...

• Like 1

JPWH

Very nice tractor.I hope to have one some day.

• Like 1

jackhammer

Nice looking tractor ..

good for you. 

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Well,if you're going to have a black hood,that's the one to have.Nice looking Horse you've got there.I have two C-195's.One with a 3 point hitch.One without.I use one of mine for towing dead horses into my shop to be worked on.VERY powerful tractor.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

You're going to need a bigger boat....er trailer Eric.     Only one more week of deer hunting, then I can get back to horse hunting.    I fell asleep early Sat night and never did check CL.
Like they say "snooze and you lose".     That beast should be able to replace several 520s to make room in the box.    Way to bring em home.

Eric, you're lucky it is deer season!

Here I go again!  Another one I'd like!  Why wouldn't anybody/everybody want a C-195?  Why WH decided to not distinguish that model is a mystery to me!  For the longest time I just assumed it was like any other ol' C-XXX but with a 19.5hp engine.  Yes, that was when I didn't know about the "XX5" thing either!  But WH should have given the C-195 a different name altogether!  I'm sure I was not the only one to not realize how different they were/are!  GT-195 would have made more sense!  Even though C-Plus 195 sounds silly it would have made more sense!

Nice find and from what I now know I gather one of the more capable WHs made.  Maybe not quite a D-series but certainly more than a C-series!

I think Wheel Horse was chasing Cub Cadet with the 982 - or vice versa.They are very similar tractors that don't match their siblings. It is almost like there was a size/horsepower race.

• Like 2

cheesegrader

That is a great looking tractor.  I'd love to have one with a 3-point one day.
I've never seen a 60" deck with a shell shaped like that.  I like the extra-long handle for the guage wheels, too.

• Like 3

DennisThornton

Like they say "snooze and you lose".     That beast should be able to replace several 520s to make room in the box.    Way to bring em home.

Eric, you're lucky it is deer season!

I think Wheel Horse was chasing Cub Cadet with the 982 - or vice versa.They are very similar tractors that don't match their siblings. It is almost like there was a size/horsepower race.

I'm woefully ignorant of Cubs!  Not long ago I tired of being the same with JD so I spent some time to improve but I just haven't gotten there with the Cubs.  What is a 982?

SylvanLakeWH

Well,if you're going to have a black hood,that's the one to have.Nice looking Horse you've got there.I have two C-195's.One with a 3 point hitch.One without.I use one of mine for towing dead horses into my shop to be worked on.VERY powerful tractor.Have fun with your new toy.

Now just a minute...My lil' ole black hood C105 may be loud and smoke a bit, but she does just fine mowing and plowing...and annoying the neighbors in the process...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

DennisThornton

Now just a minute...My lil' ole black hood C105 may be loud and smoke a bit, but she does just fine mowing and plowing...and annoying the neighbors in the process...

:twocents-02cents:

Can't make a C-195 with just any C-XXX and a 19 hp engine.  Very different breed.  Should never have been called a C-Anything!

• Like 1

buckrancher

welcome to the super C club

Brian

• Like 2

elliot ness

Nice Big C-195, Love those super C's:woohoo:

• Like 2

TDF5G

I was never very fond of the looks of the black hoods, but I've got 2 of 'em now.  It's just hard to pass up those good deals, ain't it?

I like your C-195, looks like it's in great shape. 

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 1

ericj

not long after coming down with this addiction i bought a c125 auto. it was almost hidden in the weeds. and after a year or 2 of trying i was able to rescue it. i kept it for several tears and used it for mowing and snow blowing duties. but for some reason never real fell in love with it and eventually sold it at the big show to i believe sparky on here, but that has been several years ago now. i liked the sealed beam head light over the bulbs in the older C series. i have since moved on to the 3,4 and 500 series tractors. the other thing i'm not a big fan of the kt series kohlers becuase of my  417-8 that dad bought new. just never thought it had the power and smoothness of the onan's. i'm starting to believe that my 417-8 is not running right and may need help. the C195 seems to run better then the 417 and seems to run strong, time will tell. i do plan on keeping it for now i've been told it is a beast when it comes to plowing snow with the 15" rear tires. so it will get my extra D series snow plow that i have been hording for all of these years, and everybody says that if you haven't used it for a year or 2 to get rid of it lol

eric j   

• Like 2

Adams94

Picked this one up a couple months ago. Love the C-195. Dad has had one since 1985. Always used the 60" deck on it. That deck pictured above is the same as his. Sweet tractors. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

ericj

been wanting to ask, i put a D series plow on my C195, i had to turn the lift link for the D up side down  with the adjuster bolt at the bottom to get it to fit what do you other guys use for the lift link between the plow and the tractor ? Travis nice looking 195 kinda wish i had a 3 pt on mine, but then it wouldn't fit into my storage spot now. 

eric j

Edited by ericj
  • Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, ericj said:

been wanting to ask, i put a D series plow on my C195, i had to turn the lift link for the D up side down  with the adjuster bolt at the bottom to get it to fit what do you other guys use for the lift link between the plow and the tractor ? Travis nice looking 195 kinda wish i had a 3 pt on mine, but then it wouldn't fit into my storage spot now. 

eric j

I use a chain on my C 105. Works great. As explained to me elsewhere on this forum, chain is standard for my 105 and the solid link is used if you want ability to put down pressure on the blade. Used mine once this year - 9 inches of heavy snow - NO ISSUES! It's a beast. 

Hope that helps...

ericj
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I use a chain on my C 105. Works great. As explained to me elsewhere on this forum, chain is standard for my 105 and the solid link is used if you want ability to put down pressure on the blade. Used mine once this year - 9 inches of heavy snow - NO ISSUES! It's a beast. 

Hope that helps...

I'm not talking the link between the rock shaft and the lift arm, i'm talking about the link between the lift arm and the plow, wasn't going to say anything till i could get pictures of what i was talking about, but the topic came up again, so....

eric j

Adams94

Thanks.  The lift on my plow on my 195 pictured above uses the factory lift. No modifications that I can tell. Looks the same as my dads 195. If that helps