SylvanLakeWH

Wrong Plow for C 105? - Help!

SylvanLakeWH

I have a C 105 (SN 01-10K803-24706) that came with a front plow (Bar SN 86-42BA01-05855 and blade Model BD 4267 / SN 303157). New to us from a relative this past summer.

Went to hook up the blade and it does not line up with the rear or mid attachment points. Hooks up to the handle that raises and lowers it fine.

As this was passed on to us and was not used by previous owner I am thinking its the wrong plow.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

gwest_ca

Here is the blade sold in 1982 for your tractor but any long frame blade sold till the last in 2007 will fit.
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/52-blade-dozer-42in-1981-1984-06-42bc02-om-tipl-snpdf/

The 86-42BA01 is for the A-Series tractors with vertical engine crankshaft.
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/314-blade-dozer-42in-1978-86-42ba01-snow-om-tipl-snpdf/

The BD-4267 is a 1967 blade for the short frame tractors.
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1909-blade-dozer-42in-1967-bd-4267-om-ipl-snpdf/

The odd thing is your A-frame appears to be one that fits the long and short frame tractors because it has a second set of holes at the rear and they were made like this starting in 1968
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1199-blade-dozer-42in-1968-6-4111-om-ipl-snpdf/

The way you are lifting the A-frame is not correct. That pin is for mower decks only. A short lift link connects the frame to the mower arm. See if you can connect to the rear hitch first.

Garry

Adding
I think someone has added to the 86-42BA01 frame so it would work on a long or short frame tractor. Edited by gwest_ca
  • Like 2

boovuc

The plow you have "should" have the angle adjustment on the PTO side. The rear cross-member needs to attach to the plow mount that needs to be installed on your rear axle. I can't tell in your pictures if you have a plow/tiller attachment on the rear axle of your tractor.
There is a second mounting hole on your plow frame that makes it look like it will fit both long and short-frame tractors but the angle adjustment is no where near where it needs to be for a C-Series Tractor or the newer 300, 400 and 500 tractors.

SylvanLakeWH

Thanks both for your responses! I did get it to fit. It is obviously a hybrid that has been retrofitted with a bit of cutting and welding at the back.

is it a problem to lift the front blade  with the mower deck lift? It is working well. Or is it too much stress on the chain? I don't see another way to lift it.

other weird thing is the angle adjustment was welded on the front center. Works fine but need to get off to adjust...Oh well, free is good.

Edited by SylvanLakeWH

daveoman1966

Your rear axle bracket should look like this one.....you MAY have the wrong one on your tractor...can't be sure from the pics.

DOZ 42a.jpg

SylvanLakeWH

Yep. That's what I have and it did fit. Just needed some help from a hammer to get the rod lined up on the plow itself. 

Thanks so much for the quick response and help!

This forum and the people on it are fantastic!

Just need chains and I'm off to the snow plow races!

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair

is it a problem to lift the front blade  with the mower deck lift? It is working well. Or is it too much stress on the chain? I don't see another way to lift it.

If you follow that chain up, you will see a shorter shaft with holes. That is where the plow should attach. You can use a chain, or better is the solid link wheelhorseman1000 sells here.

solid link.jpg

WNYPCRepair

After looking in the manual, they show exactly the lift setup he is using

Screen_Shot_2015-11-07_at_9.27.06_PM.thu

If you use the solid link, they show it off to the left

SylvanLakeWH

Thank you. Looks like I'm ok with the chain but if i want to apply down pressure I need the solid link. 

I will try it as is and then get the link if I need it.

Again - my thanks! 

Truly amazing help!!!

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Used it this morning for some leaf management and it works like a charm.

Chains and weights in progress.

Can't wait for the snow!

Thanks again for the assistance!

DennisThornton

Thank you. Looks like I'm ok with the chain but if i want to apply down pressure I need the solid link. 

I will try it as is and then get the link if I need it.

Again - my thanks! 

Truly amazing help!!!

Down pressure is great for scraping and offers a tremendous about of control!

Chains, weights and MORE weight are your friends when pushing!

Edited by DennisThornton
Chains, weights and MORE weight are your friends when pushing!

bmsgaffer

Also -just FYI- like Dave mentioned, that rear attachment is not the right one for your tractor. Its for an older model.

The bolts should be vertical, with the "plates" on top of your axle, not behind. That cross bar should be crossing under the transmission at the forward side of the attachment bracket. I think the right bracket might tuck the blade up a little closer to your axles when using the correct bracket.

It will probably work fine, but you may break something when you get a big load of snow on it or hit something solid. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Found a decent picture:

2015-02-08 17.56.21.jpg

SylvanLakeWH

Thanks for the additional input. I am sure it is a hybrid rigged up to fit the C105. It looks like its solid and it definitely works - used it to push a ton of leaves around on the street and it was solid. Of course thats not heavy snow...

I scored free weights as well - so I should be all set... we'll see.

Again - Thanks - I appreciate all the insights and help!

SylvanLakeWH

Update!

As you can see it works great!

My son out on one of his jobs! WH works like a champ - 9" of heavy snow - no problem at all!!!

:occasion-snowman::occasion-snowman::occasion-snowman:

image.jpg

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2