DougC

How To Break The News

DennisThornton

2 of the last three came in sight unseen and just mixed in with others!

• Like 1

Bert
Three easy steps.  :handgestures-thumbsup:
1. Take off the apron.
2. Bust our your man pants. 
3. Put 'em on.  
:coffee:

:text-goodpost:

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

New Haven Power has them on sale for 699 Doug. Hope you you see this.

• Like 1

Digger 66

How do you guys do it????????????

I'm single .:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 2

TDF5G

I'm single .

Yep me too, that makes it easy!

• Like 1

Thor27
I have to qualify this as perhaps not the best advise,  but....  I few years back, I took my now  X wife out for "a quiet weekend away,  to celebrate our anniversary, " I also took the pick up " in case of snow" and we drove across 3 states.  Darn was she upset when we picked up the engine I had just bought for my car.    
  • Like 6

953 nut
  I took my now  X wife out for "a quiet weekend away,  to celebrate our anniversary, "  Darn was she upset when we picked up the engine I had just bought for my car.    

:eusa-think:       Wonder, was this the straw that broke the camel's back?  Probably would have happened anyway.   :ychain:

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

My wife has mood swings. I tell her I want another tractor. Then she gets in a mood and swings. Duck, duck, duck.
gawd they are hard to figure. The other species I mean.

glenn

Now ive really done it.................. Found out I can buy a brand new snow cab from original cab company for classic toro 300,400 and 500 series for $883 plus $35 UPS shipping. I have to call a phone # to buy........ Got to sleep on this deal................... It looks just like the originals even the hard top white roof...
I aint tellin the wife about it before I buy it, THATS for sure..................

Man thats alot of $ for a soft sided cab............ But it would fit because.........its made for it..........      Showed a picture of it on a 520H.

I cant part with that much money for a piece of plastic, thats almost another machine. But thats why I get snow in my face every year.

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 9

JP 141

I don't spend any funds we don't have or that I can recover with pending work, But at the same time I tell her...Babe, this will save me time and we can do more togather...its all BS cause she knows I will be in the garage more tinkering with my new toy...Then I let her drive it and all is good !! LOL

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

Just sayin...

A space for her to park in the garage all winter - free
The windshield goop in her car filled - $2.00
The gas tank in her car filled on cold snow days - $30.00
Her quiet agreement (amusement) at yet another "hobby" - priceless...

I'm a lucky man...

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
Typo
  • Like 3

wallfish

DougC  Buy her a snow shovel and then ask if she wants you to take that tractor back!

• Like 8

Ken B

Here is what has worked for me over the course of being married for 22 yrs. I don't take from house money to pay for any of my toys or support my hobbies.. I think the only reason is because I hate asking permission and I really don't feel like trying to explain my reasons. My slush money comes from side jobs that I do or tractors, boats and or outboards that I restore. My wife could care a less what I have and she NEVER asks where did I get the money to buy something..One day this past summer my wife gets home from work and she sees I have a new toy in the driveway, a very nice 1970 Chevy pickup.. She had no idea I was getting it. All she said was that I finally got something in a color that she likes... Neither of us asks and I'll never tell....  

• Like 7

AMC RULES
How 'bout getting your Mrs her own :wh: tractor?   :hilarious:
I gotta say...I've brought home quite a few of 'em that way. 

• Like 2

Ken B
How 'bout getting your Mrs her own :wh:

tractor?   :hilarious:
I gotta say...I've brought home quite a few of 'em that way. 

Pretty sneaky Craig...

buckrancher

having 50 tractors buying is a non issue :wh:

Brian

• Like 4

Bow_Extreme

Those cabs are still available new?  Still too expensive.  I've bought many of those cabs nearly new for $150 or less.  Now they demand $500 used.

WHX??

No more Doug. ....I got my eye on a 520 just for the blower....if I get it I got one by on her.... that kinda coin for a cab I'm a dead man. ...:lol:....course if I teach her how to run it she might appreciate the cab...
:P

• Like 1

rmaynard

I'm single .

And so too may be DougC very soon...

On the otherhand, I find that it is easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission.

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

having 50 tractors buying is a non issue :wh:

Brian

only 50? lol

Glenn

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Like Yogi B. says " Cash is as good as money".     I never leave a paper trail.

My biggest fear now is,  when I pass on,  She will sell all my toys for what I told her I paid for them.

• Like 9

elcamino/wheelhorse

My wife says she is going to put the El Camino and Wheelhorses in a big pile and set it on fire with the help of gasoline when I die. So much for her inheritance.

• Like 1

Pullstart

We put a deposit on my first tattoo the other day when she was having one finished up, and in front of the whole group of guys in there she says "now that means no more tractors for a while"  I wish I would have known tractors were an option!  But it's a family crest in my late Grandparent's name so it means a lot too.

• Like 1

AMC RULES
I'm thinkin'...                :hilarious:
it's imperative, you bring another home now. 

shallowwatersailor

My wife says she is going to put the El Camino and Wheelhorses in a big pile and set it on fire with the help of gasoline when I die. So much for her inheritance.

My biggest fear now is,  when I pass on,  She will sell all my toys for what I told her I paid for them.

My ex always told me that the dumpster would be in the driveway the day I died - before even the funeral! Not anymore!!!

elliot ness

My wife and I have one goal, if you are happy with it , do it ! I never question her wants and she only wants me happy. I know I have the best wife I could ever expect. and yes my barn is full of big boy toys .:woohoo: