meadowfield

I would like to see a somewhat reasonably priced locking differential for these 8 speeds. And maybe at the same time it could be made to fit a more standard size bearing...

having built one, it's a reasonable amount of work and not sure if I could fit it in with all the gears. Agree fixing the bearing would be an  awesome invention!

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

I Use a solar trickle charger for boat and an electric one for tractor...

Major benefit to life of batteries...

• Like 1

mikekot3

Hello Doc724,
Nice idea on the prototype front fender and I like making it out of a 5 gallon bucket even more. Perhaps just put the stiffeners on the top side. It gives me some inspiration to learn some more Solidworks CAD program tp help me become a better part modeler.

Wheel-N-It
Old Red Rider has invented a Wheel Horse leaf blower called the Whirl of Hurt. Thats the best invention yet for a Wheel Horse that I have seen as it works on both hydros and gear drives.
  • Like 1

DennisThornton

"Whirl of Hurt" search of this site didn't find anything for me.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Man I love the fender idea , I have Kohler's on both working horse and sometimes if the wind is right and grass is a little longer than it should be grass clogs up the screen. Can you send me the pictures in a PM and I will see what my brother ( the welder also the Village Idiot ) things about making the up. Measurements would also be nice. I think the metal fenders would hold up better than the plastic. Where is Bud Andrews ? He needs to see this . Didn't he make metal fenders for Ole Shep ( his lastest creation.  

Dennis I think I have a picture of Whirl of Hurt, if I can did it up I will send it out.

tunahead72

So "whirled of hurt" it is! :handgestures-thumbupright:

elcamino/wheelhorse

So "whirled of hurt" it is! :handgestures-thumbupright:

It is on facebook some where Ole Redrider sent me a link but I am not on facebook. I have other pictures , let me check.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Here is another picture of Whirled of Hurt. There is a link to facebook I hope you can read it.

Scan0003.jpg

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
Thank you Craig and El Camino for posting the pics :thanks:
  • Like 1

DennisThornton

I already have a blower.  One of the C-8x should power it fine.  Would have to form up a chute or rob one.  I've got a few ones that aren't red.  

Was it said to work really good?  Already have a Jonsered by RedMax backpack blower.  Let me add that backpack blower does a good job on snow for steps, deck, patio stones and even vehicles.  Actually it's great for the entire driveway if the snow is light!

elcamino/wheelhorse

My son can over and did some kind of magic or voodoo on the computer so I could watch the video and that sucka blew the heck out the leaves into nice rows. Ole Redrider said it was a great time saver. 

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

On the fenders for front wheels. Northern Tool sells steel trailer fenders , I wonder if you could purchase one fender , cut it in half , so you end up with two fenders for a horse. You would have to add more pieces of metal to attach it but it would be heavy duty and could paint it and it should last.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

My son can over and did some kind of magic or voodoo on the computer so I could watch the video and that sucka blew the heck out the leaves into nice rows. Ole Redrider said it was a great time saver.

I've seen the video too, and its one heck of a leaf blower!

doc724

Here is another way to make the fender-a little more elegant but still low cost.  I shared this with elcamino in a PM and he recommended that I share with the rest of you so here it is:

On the fenders for front wheels. Northern Tool sells steel trailer fenders , I wonder if you could purchase one fender , cut it in half , so you end up with two fenders for a horse. You would have to add more pieces of metal to attach it but it would be heavy duty and could paint it and it should last.

I just checked NorthernTool.  It is possible that one of them could be made to fit.  A better bet is to go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a 6 or 8 inch wide 16Ga steel sheet.  Screw it or clamp it to a telephone pole and take the other end and bend it around the pole.  Telephone poles are smaller in diameter than a tractor tire, but the spring back in the steel after you form it around the pole may make it just right.  Then all you need is your welding friend to cut a sector from the remaining material (usually they are 24, 36 or 48 inch long pieces) and weld it to the side then fabricate a bracket to hold it to the tie rod hole.  Get a piece of gas line and slit it lengthwise and slip it over the edge to keep from cutting yourself after it is assembled onto the tractor.
  • Like 1

C-101plowerpower

how about using gokart or minibike fenders?