Solex

Correct Belt for C-81 Mower

Solex

I picked up a 1979 C-81 that came with a mower deck. The deck has two numbers on it 5 10109 and 1005907. According to the attachment sheet the correct deck for the C-81 should be 95-36MR00 or 95-36MS00. I would like to be able to use this 5 10109 deck since it is in good shape. The deck uses two belts, one for the pulleys and blades, the second goes from the PTO to the top of the double pulley on the deck. Can you help me identify the correct belt that attaches from the PTO to the double pulley on the deck. The 5 10109 uses Attach O Matic will mount to the tractor.

Any help would be appreciated.

daveoman1966

schematic for 5-1010 (42" side disch)  shows the PTO belt to be # 102742.  The same schematic shows # 1594 as the belt driving the 3 spindles.. 

Solex

Thank You for the information, I didn't  think the deck was that large because it looks about the same as my 37. The 42 may be a bit too much of a load for my 8 HP Kohler so I can run the 5-1010 on the 312 and the 37 on my C-81.

JC 1965

I think I would put the 37" mower on the C-81. The 42" mower might be a little to much for the 8 HP.     :thumbs2: