chorusguy

new member of the herd

Wishin4a416

Nice score! You are the C-160 guy for sure.

AMC RULES
Another great :wh: haul...  :eusa-clap:
especially like the cultivator there. 

muz123

Nice find! That thing is a beast! 

Wheel-N-It
I wondered who was ging to end up with that 160. I should have known! Good score! Does it need anything before you put it to work, or is it just basic maintenance and a seat pad? Which one of your tractors are you bringing to the meet and gtreet?

chorusguy

It works as is but there are a couple of "waiting for the shoe to drop" issues.  The parking pawl doesn't work and the lever doesn't change position-cant lower it at all but something else in that whole linkage is wonky.  Very hard to move the drive lever forward so something is binding up.  So the remnants of the parking pawl could dancing around in the hydro.  The other thing that concerns me is that I could push it.  As I understand it I shouldn't be able to.  Although it seems to drive fine.  I haven't checked the tow valve yet.  I would love to come to the meet and greet but won't be able to make it this year.
By the way do you live in the Raleigh area?  And did I buy a mid mount grader blade from you?

Wheel-N-It

Sorry to say I have not had the opportunity to meet you. I was hoping the meet and greet would be where we cross paths, however I'm sure we are within 45 minutes to an hour of each other as I live just south of Chapel Hill within 1/2 mile of the Chatham County line. PM me and we can try to make plans to meet and talk Wheel Horses.
I'm thinking you may have bought the blade from James, another Red Square member. Make plans to also meet JayInNC who is another RS Member. Jay has a wealth of knowledge regarding Wheel Horses.
I wish I could give you something concrete on the hydro issue but I'm more of a gear drive guy so I really have no expertise in or with hydros. I have owned three hydro Wheel Horses that I can remember off the top of my head but never had any issues with them as they always worked as they should.

chorusguy

I think it was James now that you mention it.  

elliot ness

Sweet mother of horses, that's a great find, I love the C-160's, enjoy your horse.:woohoo::woohoo: