tim.bergfeld

Tiller pulley

tim.bergfeld

Ok I got a tiller and the pulley has a wobble in it. I mean it still works but wobbles. Now if I go bigger more tine speed and smaller more power right.

Pullstart

larger drive pulley increases speed, same as smaller driven pulley.

smaller drive pulley increases torque and lowers speed, same as a larger driven pulley.  my tiller pulley wobbles too, but nothing a nicely placed whop from a soft hammer wouldn't take care of.

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Pullstart is right but thinking about it from the wrong side. The tiller pulley is the driven pulley which is the one you are thinking of changing.

And as he said for the driven, larger is slower and more torque, smaller is faster.

I dont think you can fit much larger of a pulley on there, and personally I would go with the stock size. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

tim.bergfeld

Yeah I should stick with stock. They want way to much for that pulley does anyone have one they would be willing to part with

Pullstart

try moving the wobble back, just hit the high side of the wobble.  If you don't have a dead blow hammer try a 2/4 on the pulley and hit it with a framing hammer.  it shouldn't take much, the pulley will move before the shaft does.