wrightorchid

Air compressor attachment

wrightorchid

Has anybody seen a WH compressor?  JD made a model 20 for their 110, and it seems interesting.  I have not had any luck determining if WH did.  It seems like it might be a fun project to try some time.  Just an idea.

boovuc

I never saw or read of a compressor that was specifically built by or for Wheelhorse. I belt driven compressor should be quite easy to fab up though. 

DennisThornton

Gonna need an unloader to release over pressure.  Some kind of a pressure/governor would be real nice!  The first is pretty easy, not sure about the second...

Pullstart

fast action actuator driven belt tensioner, powered through the pressure switch on the pump? 

oldredrider

Easy Peasy. Pressure switch operates the electric clutch on the pto.

• Like 2

Pullstart

yeah, that's what I meant....  so long as we're talking electric clutches that is.:handgestures-thumbupright:

evanloock
image.thumb.jpeg.d1b7c8d3b79580e84da78df
  • Like 3

DennisThornton

Clever idea to kick the electric PTO out but still not the same as the compressor controlling the throttle.

Thanks evanloock, for the picture!

Bert

How bout a governor and unloader setup from a heavy truck air brake setup? Just a thought cause they turn constantly but don't over build pressure. 

DennisThornton

I don't know enough to help much.  I've never owned a gas driven compressor but I thought that some/most? will idle when they reach max pressure and unload any surplus air.  I was also thinking that some keep the same working RPM but the unloader just vents the extra air so although the compressor is still running at a working RPM it is not under load.

I'm trusting that someone who actually knows will chime in shortly.

Eric C
I don't know enough to help much.  I've never owned a gas driven compressor but I thought that some/most? will idle when they reach max pressure and unload any surplus air.  I was also thinking that some keep the same working RPM but the unloader just vents the extra air so although the compressor is still running at a working RPM it is not under load.

I'm trusting that someone who actually knows will chime in shortly.

My compressor does the first that you described. It idles down and pumps air into the "air".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DennisThornton

Thanks Eric.  I'm curious of the mechanism that enables the air pressure to control the throttle.  I can picture something that would handle that but I'd like to actually see one first hand.

wrightorchid

I'll have to do some research to see how others were made, Like I need another project.....I did not find much on the Fliteway company (credited in the photo)