kingnothing71us

WH Newbie

kingnothing71us

Hey spinjim, my tractor came from the Stewartstown area so maybe there is a link between the two.  I got my bar/ag wheels today. Being filled with washer fluid really packs the weight on. I don't think I'll have any problems with the snow this year. 

kingnothing71us

I think I'm officially ready for the winter. Found a complete 42" plow on ebay for $50. I had to drive about an hour and a half to get it but I think it's worth it.  So, all in all it cost me about $65 including gas. 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Hey Mike,  $50 for a complete plow...hope you were wearing a ski mask when you stole that one. :handgestures-thumbupright:.

Sounds  like you are ready for Ole Man Winter.      :occasion-snowman:

Really enjoyed talking with You last week.    How's that new Furry Piggy doing ?      :banana-dreads:

kingnothing71us

Thanks, Ed. I enjoyed talking to you too, thanks for all the info you gave me and for the brackets. I put them on right away. The piggie is doing great, he adjusted really well. Hopefully I'll get into the shop this week and get those scraper blades made for us. I'll keep you posted.

DennisThornton

Yeah, Be a responsible owner and have them spayed and neutered

Brain01!  Shush!  You don't know!  Might produce something that will break the Toro curse and bring WH back!

kingnothing71us

Ok guys, I need some help. I tried putting on my plow but when I put the rod from the lifting bracket into the slotted hole on the plow, it won't allow me to lift it. It seems to me the slot should be horizontal and not vertical. Or, I'm missing something. Here are pics of my problem. Photos in a minute, it keeps saying the pics are too big. 

• Like 1

kingnothing71us

Well, it won't let mne upload pics to show what I'm talking about.

AMC RULES
One of the :rs: membership pkgs...
will eliminate all of your uploading pict issues here.
  :greetings-clapyellow: 
         http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/store/
  • Like 1

Brian01

Back away from it a bit and take a picture....

Also, may I suggest becoming a supporter and get unlimited amounts of photo uploads.

Yeah, Be a responsible owner and have them spayed and neutered

Brain01!  Shush!  You don't know!  Might produce something that will break the Toro curse and bring WH back!

lol

doc724

As I recall, you need to be a "Supporter" to post pix.  However, based on your description, you may be missing a piece.  The lift rod does not go into the slotted hole in the plow .  There is a 4 inch long part that attaches to the lift bar and the plow with clevis pins.  Download a manual and you can see the part.

kingnothing71us

I did look at the manual and saw the piece. The lifting bar that is on my tractor is the lowest bar that is lifted by a piece of 3/8" bar thats threaded on the top and shaped like an "L" and connects to a bar that is actually connected to the lifting handle. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

gwest_ca

In 1973 a dozer blade came in 2 packages. The blade in one and the A-frame in the other. This way they could mix and match for the different tractor models.

Blade that shows the lift links
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1696-blade-dozer-42in-1970-1973-blade-6-9622-om-ipl-snpdf/

A-frame completing package
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/491-blade-dozer-42in-1970-1973-a-frame-6-4113-completing-package-om-ipl-snpdf/

Garry

kingnothing71us
image.thumb.jpeg.a92761adb99f1c9d700be65Finally got my wheel weights cleaned up and painted. Thought I'd make them look a little nicer by making the WH logo with a thin red pinstripe around the outside. Turned out good, huh?
  • Like 6

mikekot3

nice work on the wheel weights. Where did you get the logo?

Ed Kennell

Nice job on the weights Mike.:text-coolphotos:

Brian01

If you"ll kindly bubble wrap those weights, put them in a priority flat rate box and ship them to me, I'll return a clear photo of them on a horse..;)

• Like 1