kingnothing71us

WH Newbie

kingnothing71us

Hi guys, I just got my first WH. I traded a $700 Harborfreight generator for it. It has the 10 HP. Kohler with the 8 speed tranny. Overall, I think it's in pretty decent shape. It has home made wheel weights and chains on the tires. It came with plow parts, everything but the frame for the plow. The model number is 1-0360-8. It runs great, has all the stickers and the head/tail lights work. I'm not sure of the deck size but, it is a rear discharge deck. I got the tractor mainly for snow removal this winter. I'm the last house on a dirt lane so if I wanna get to work, it's up to me to remove the snow. I need the bracket for the rear end of the tractor to hook up the plow. If any one has one they would like to sell me fairly cheap, let me know. Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I'll be using this forum alot for help. I just noticed the rear hubs are different, I didn't even see that yesterday when I looked it over. What engine oil should I use and what trans oil should I use? Thanks. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

stevasaurus

Actually, by your model #, you have a 1973 Raider 10.:handgestures-thumbupright:   Transmission # 5086 (8 sp with 4 pinion differential and 1" dia axles)...approx. 2 qts of 90 wt.  Engine 10 hp Kohler K241S-46636D...approx. 2 qts of either 30 wt or 10W-30 wt.  Your choice...seems 30 wt is getting harder to find.  Nice horse.  :)  and thank you for the pictures.
Welcome to Red Square

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 4

bmsgaffer
:WRS:

I love plowing with horses, you will really enjoy it. They can push like a tractor twice their size if you get enough traction (weight).

Those wheel weights look pretty serious, any idea what they weigh?

Post an ad in the wanted section for your plow frame, PA should be a pretty good place to find parts. :handgestures-thumbupright:
  • Like 3

Ed Kennell
:WRS:         It may be tooo late,  but I'll warn you anyway.    Make some room...these WH tractors are addictive and they tend to multiply quickly.

I do have several axle brackets with the connecting bar like the one shown below.IMG_4562.thumb.JPG.632e87df4539153fb8a90

BTW,  My one Son lives North of Dover off of Rohrers Church Road.
  • Like 3

Brian01

Welcome to Red Square!!
I had a raider 10, it had a 10hp techy with SSI that was no good. lol

I'm diggin' that steering wheel cap! 

Welcome to Red Square!!
I had a raider 10, it had a 10hp techy with SSI that was no good. lol

I'm diggin' that steering wheel cap! 

semperfi8185

Looks like you have a 36" rear discharge mower deck.  Nice tractor for a first Wheel Horse.  The 73 8 Speeds and Automatics are awesome.

• Like 1

kingnothing71us

It may be tooo late,  but I'll warn you anyway.    Make some room...these WH tractors are addictive and they tend to multiply quickly.

I do have several axle brackets with the connecting bar like the one shown below.

IMG_4562.thumb.JPG.632e87df4539153fb8a90

BTW,  My one Son lives North of Dover off of Rohrers Church Road.

How much are you asking for a set? It's a small world we live in. 

kingnothing71us

I just finished changing the gear oil and gave it a whirl mowing the lawn. Boy, the mowing deck is LOUD. It sounds like it's got alot of rattling going on. Guess I'll have to take it off and give it a look. One more thing, anyone know where I can get the manual for this thing? Thanks. 

bmsgaffer

I just finished changing the gear oil and gave it a whirl mowing the lawn. Boy, the mowing deck is LOUD. It sounds like it's got alot of rattling going on. Guess I'll have to take it off and give it a look. One more thing, anyone know where I can get the manual for this thing? Thanks. 

Right here! :DFollow the link that Garry posted above. OM = owners manual, IPL = parts manual.

If you type in the part number from your deck, there will be the same info for the deck.
:handgestures-thumbupright:

stevasaurus

If you open GWest's link above, he gave you all the manuals for that horse.  :)

JC 1965

Hello and :WRS:

WNYPCRepair

Welcome

TDF5G

Looks like you got a good one.  Have fun with it.

AMC RULES
Good lookin' :wh: there...

squonk

30W oil Napa #75-110. My store has 81 qts' on hand. Not hard to find.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
:WRS: Enjoy this site lots of good people here to help and direct you in right direction. Enjoy the Ride. Gary    B.......

JPWH
If you don't already know go ahead and visit the store and become a supporter like said above lots of knowledge, experience and willingness to help. And everybody loves pictures!
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

PM sent.

muz123

Welcome to red square! The horses may start to multiply! :D

• Like 2

Brian01

Yeah, Be a responsible owner and have them spayed and neutered

kingnothing71us

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I called the local outdoor power shop and they sold me 80W-90 gear oil.  I trust their knowledge, they've been around awhile. I mainly plan on using the Raider for moving snow and maybe some dirt in the summer time. 

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Many of these horses have been running some sort of oil/water/sludge mix for 30 years before we pick them up and show them some love...

So, just about any gear oil in there you will be doing good!

The hydros run 10W-30 in their gearboxes (granted they are single speed so its a bit different, but you get the idea...)

kingnothing71us

Well, I picked up my new-to-me plow brackets. I found a decent set of used ag/bar tires and rims that are tubed and filled with washer fluid for an affordable price for me. I took off the rear wheels and weighed the weights.  I used my bathroom scale so the weight may be off but, the scale said 62 lbs. each. Not bad for home made. Still gotta find that rear hub then I'll be set. That and some fab work to make the plow fit. Thanks again guys. 

SPINJIM

I have a C-120 with the identical rear weights on it.  Since I live just south of you, good chance some local made them to fit the WHs.  My C-120 came with a plow & chains, and I plan to use it this winter to move snow.

The "10" on the side panel indicates a 'no name' model 10, but the model # indicates a Raider 10 (as was already said).   I had a  no name' model 12 that had the model number for a Raider 12, so I suspect that WH used the number inter-changeably, or changed names in mid-production.  

Good strong tractor.  Good luck with it.     Jim