fast88pu

C-81

fast88pu

Are the motor mounts still available for the engine ? If so where ? Or can it be solid mounted ? thank you

fast88pu

does anyone know ?

stevebo

Pretty sure you can remove entire cradle and mounts but I think you will need a different oil pan to mount to frame. Not sure if the rubber mounts are still available through Toro however they show up on epay every once in a while. 

Racinbob

You can fabricate solid spacers in place of the rubber mounts. As far as mounting directly to the frame with a different oil pan I don't think so. I know the oil pans for the big block (10-16 hp) are not interchangeable but I'm not sure about the small block.

MalMac

There was a post on here some time ago, that someone found aftermarket rubber mounts that work. Try doing a search, maybe someone that remembers that post will chime in. You can do what Racinbob says and just eliminate the rubber mounts and put solid spacers in. The only thing I can thing of you might have to do after putting in solid spacers is readjust you PTO throw rod. With the rubber mounts you get a certain percentage of the motor pulling back when engaging. You will just have to compensate a very little bit.

rmaynard

Try NAPA Auto Parts. Part number 602-1044, or 602-1045. One or the other might work. Just take an old one with you to match it up.
I know some guys have used these.

Edited by rmaynard

Don1977

I would mount it solid with a couple of strips of flat steel. I don't have one, but in pictures looks to be 1/4" to 5/16", maybe 3/8" space between the plate and cast mount. I would drill and bolt the flat steel to the engine plate with the two end holes. The find the center of the large holes and drill for mounting bolts to the cast mounts. Some short bolts with lock washers to mount the plate. You could add the other bolts where the mounts were but I don't think it's needed. That's how I would do it.

fast88pu

Thanks I would like to keep the rubber mounts but wonder if solid mounting it would be better for a snowblower ?

bmsgaffer

You will find 10 different people with 10 different oppinions on the matter, but personally I like the rubber mounts on my blackhoods (other than the fact the toro ones are CRAZY expensive)

Wont make much difference with the snow blower as the pull from the PTO handle will be counteracting the pull from the blower belt tensioner.

MalMac

rmaynard, thanks for posting those NAPA numbers. I need some myself.