clueless

Fastenal Quote?

clueless

I got a quote from Fastenal to ship a 4 speed trans from Jake in Michigan to me in Florida for $150. Really. Anybody got a better way?

- Chris from Florida

slammer302

I've shipped bigger stuff for less through USPS Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

oldredrider

Try getting a quote from UPS freight, FEDEX freight etc.  Dock to dock shipping can save you a bundle. You may also try a bus line...if they still ship freight.
Once you get quotes from commercial carriers, you can sometimes negotiate lower rates...low ball 'em! Just a part of "Horse Tradin'".
Just make sure you get a quote number and agents name when you seal the deal.

Edited by oldredrider
  • Like 1

slammer302

I went to a place called the postal annex they boxed it up and ship it for you Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

baerpath

I sent a 8spd in a box through them from NY to SC for 45 bucks, 
Did you have it boxed or on a pallet ?

pacer

I wonder if Fastenal has had second thoughts on their rates - this is the 3rd or 4th I've heard of that wasnt all that great. Guess it figures:roll:

boovuc

R & L Carriers have great rates! Their trucks have drop-gates and they will deliver to a residence if need be. Get a quote from them also. It can't hurt! I also agree that UPS freight has some pretty good rates.

WNYPCRepair

R & L Carriers have great rates! Their trucks have drop-gates and they will deliver to a residence if need be. Get a quote from them also. It can't hurt! I also agree that UPS freight has some pretty good rates.

Interesting. They are right around the corner from me

Bobster

I requested a quote over a week ago and they never responded.

WNYPCRepair

I requested a quote over a week ago and they never responded.

They are slow

KC9KAS

I wonder if Fastenal has had second thoughts on their rates - this is the 3rd or 4th I've heard of that wasnt all that great. Guess it figures:roll:

You may be right.
I used them a couple of times and was very happy, now they take for-ever to respond with a price then it is too high to make the deal worth-while.
I have lost a couple of deals because they were too high priced lately!

clueless

Jake got a FedX quote for 78.00, that will work. Thanks guys. Chris in Florida.

grnlark

Stay away from R&L. Learn from my mistake. They quoted me $230 for a tractor and when it arrived in CT at the terminal they would not release it unless I paid $2300. Yes, thats not a typo. They said it was not classified correctly and as a piece of motorized machinery the classification code changed. And yes, they didn't feel a need to contact me. They took it upon themselves to re-classify it, inflate the rate, and still push it through. After three days of non-stop arguing I finally had to pay $1000 to release the tractor or face storage fees. My attorney said to chalk it up as a learning experience but I refused. I ended up filing a lawsuit against them in CT court and they agreed to settle outside of court. Never again. I use Fastenal. 

• Like 2