chip61

update on parts tractor

chip61

My "parts tractor" runs good but wasn't charging. Surprisingly all the wiring looks good and is intact except for the plug on the back of the regulator/rectifier

20150627_140917.jpg

Installed a new regulator and put new terminals on the leads and it charges now!!  I'm debating whether to paint it or just clean it up and leave it as is. It already looks better than my C160.

Brian01

Post some pictures of it!!

shallowwatersailor

When I have a chance, I pull mine off and buff it up with a wire brush to get rid of the crud, and then polish it. The plates are dissipating heat so I leave it bare.

chip61

Here is the parts tractor

wheel%20horse%2010%202.jpg

and here is the C160

20140503_144250.jpg

I'm guessing the Auto 10 got parked because of the charging issue. You can see how hot the regulator got.

Brian01

Parts tractor looks better than the other lol

boovuc

I collect and run worse looking tractors than your parts tractor! :P

Brian01

i was thinking the same thing...heck if that's your "parts" tractor, you'll sale it to me cheap right? lol

chip61

Haha-me too!! 

It turned out to be much nicer than I expected when I went to look at it. I think I'll just clean it up, paint the wheels and get another seat for it. I have a 42" deck I can put on it. (the deck that's on it is not in very good condition)
This guy had several tractors-an old Speedex that someone else grabbed before I got over there, a Simplicity 725 that was mine if I wanted it but it had a broken axle and was in pieces. I did get the dozer blade and sickle mower for the 725-they will fit my Allis Chalmers B112. I got this tractor for parts for my C120, but it's too nice to part out.

roadapples

Love the front hub covers, but I don`t think their stock.

• Excellent 1

Brian01

lmao....good eye, I didn't see it, until now...looks like that horse is gonna have "tennis elbow"

chip61

Love the front hub covers, but I don`t think their stock.

LOL I was wondering if anyone noticed that. He only did it on that side. Apparently he was creative-there was a problem with the safety switch on the brake so he installed a separate starter switch wired direct from the battery to the solenoid. When I saw that I really thought this tractor was going to have serious electrical issues.