alswagg

D series motion control lever question

alswagg

i picked up this D series a couple weeks ago.  The motion control lever has a park detent none of my other D's have this same configuration.  It works fine just asking.  

image.jpg

pacer

My '75 D-180 has the park configuration like yours but I learned long ago not to use it, the linkage would get out of sync? and I'd have get a screwdriver or similar and fish it back together so I pretty quickly decided to avoid using "park"

In this same vein, I have a D-160 (unknown year) with the park notch and at some point someone put a 'block' plate over it, its nicely done and I wonder if maybe it wasnt a dealer install?

Then I have a 18 auto and it doesnt have the notch...

pfrederi

My d200 has the extra notch but the linkages don't use it.  There is a parking brake handle below the instrument panel. I guess they were using up old hoodstands.  The block out sounds like a dealer thing to avoid operator issues/questions.

alswagg

Mine has a neutral safety switch also.  All tthe linkage works smooth and reliably. Nice tractor but very ugly. Paint and new graphics are on the way.  

• Like 1

ericj

my dad bought my D200 back in 75 or 76 and i believe the dealer we bought it from had already blocked the parking brake off do to people accidentally putting the tractor into park when changing directions and damaging the trans

eric j