mikeeyre74

Old style PTO lever

mikeeyre74

I've been eyeballing the old school early PTO engagement lever/bar thing lately and really digging it. I have a 1977 B-80 and I'm pondering putting that setup on mine in place of the regular forward and backward moving lever that came stock on mine.. If I could find a complete setup, would this be possible for me without cutting things up or too much modification in general? 

I also like the old school foot pegs, and have been pondering those in place of my stock running boards as well.. Same question. Is this an easy swap? Or will there be issues?

daveoman1966

So, you want to regress... to what is circled in this pic.  The 2nd pic shows the setup on a Charger 12, but it is all the same.  You'll need the hoodstand bracket, long PTO lever / rod and the STUD that mounts in the engine block.  I have these. 
As for the foot pegs, they older ones should fit on the 3/4" frame rod that your foot rail is bolted to.
for more info, contact me OUTSIDE of this forum.   my direct email is:
daveoman@windstream.net

800 (1)A.jpg

CHG 12 02.jpg

Racinbob

Personally I think the set up you're wanting to replace is the best ever on Wheel Horses but to each their own. The changeover is pretty easy. Dave has you lined up with the parts.

Pollack Pete

I say " It ain't broke,don't fix it."

RedRanger

I say " It ain't broke,don't fix it."

​See Mike...all you have to do is break your current one.  Then it's all good.
I say it's your tractor, do what you like.