Beagles

Beagles

I am heading to look at a 1965 1054 tomorrow. I hope it looks as good as it did in the photos. Any areas I should be focused on?
Known problems with that model?
Thanks
Dave 

• Like 1

OnlyRedInMyShed

Dave, You can't go wrong with a 1054.  The Cadillac of 1964. Pretty straight forward tractor. I currently mow my 1.5 acre lot with mine. Check the hydro pump lever for full function as the inner spring has been known to break.  I do believe someone is reproducing them now if you find out you need one.  Good luck!

Racinbob

That looks great as it sits. Nice find! Please post more pictures when you're done going over it.

pacer

Oooooh, that is suweeet! You done good grasshopper....

RedRanger

Nice!

953 nut
:woohoo:   You found one nice 1054, congratulations. It is hard to find those 15" wheel weights and the grill is hardly ever there. :bow-blue:

Brrly1

Not trying to burst your bubble, the rear weights are Not Wheel Horse. The original weights are two piece weights that bolt from the inside off the wheel. Other than that I think you did good. The snow blower looks interesting for sure, Good Luck!

• Like 2

stratostar250

Nice score! And with the accessories, that's an awesome tractor!  I love those old tractors with the 15" rims!

papaglide
:thumbs:     That is a very nice looking tractor.....great find!

Lane Ranger

Great find and save Beagles!~  I like it .  Always thought the snowblower on one of these would be a great attachment to have on and working.

I am posting some pics of the original  WW-93  Wheel Weights used on the 953/1054 and GT 14 tractors with 15 inch 4 bolt hole wheels.

We have five  of these operating.  If you are going to use as a working tractor you should consider a drawbar hitch attachment on the rear.  The  the vertical angle iron pieces on the rear hitch are a great place to attach a drawbar hitch with angle iron sides to attach to carriage bolts.  The rear slot hitch will still operate with the drawbar if you make the clearance correct.  You can see a couple pics  with a lift piece installed my dad uses to haul logs for splitting etc.

I thibnk you are going to enjoy your tractor that looks to be in great condition !

100_6137.jpg

100_8899.JPG

100_6135.jpg

100_6133.jpg

100_0413.JPG

100_0416.JPG

100_0414.JPG