wrmhaste

Id help on new horse

wrmhaste

Hi guys, I just picked up another horse. It's been sitting in a barn for years. It's extremely barn fresh. I'm having trouble identifying it. Someone painted over the decals but I can still see the outline of the sticker on the belt cover But I can't tell what the middle 2 numbers are 1005 is what it looks like. It's a 10hp so I'm assuming the second number is a 0 but the third is a mystery. From my research it's either a 4,5 or a 7. Anyone know how to tell? She runs sweet!  Only took about 15 mins and I had her purring wonderfully. 

DSC_0676.JPG

DSC_0675.JPG

DSC_0666.JPG

wrmhaste

Here are some more pics. I know how you guys love pics. It still has all 4 original wh tires. 

DSC_0688.JPG

DSC_0686.JPG

• Like 1

rmaynard

An enhanced picture of the tag appear to be a T-1056

tag1.thumb.JPG.9e72600a64b9e4b8f508fc48b

wrmhaste

Wow I didn't even notice that.thanks. I will try to clean up the tag some tonight. 

gwest_ca

Looks like this one inherited a 6-speed transmission that was not used in 1966. The 1967 model was 1067.

Garry

wrmhaste

Must have gotten the hood too because it says 6 speed under the poor spray paint job. 

RedRanger

Somebody also bred that horse with a Cub.  Looks to have a rubber Cadet seat from the late 60's.

wrmhaste

That's what it looks like. And also if you look close it has john deere front rims. However it has 4 wheelhorse branded tires that I have yet to put air in. Neither did the previous owner over the past couple years. 

boovuc

I think that's a great find though! Her heart and soul are there and if you wanted it to be stock, it wouldn't take much at all to do it! Thanks for sharing this. Makes me wonder what is in all these sheds and barns I see when I drive by. 

wrmhaste

She runs so nice I think for now she will just get cleaned up real good, a fresh seat, grease job, fuel lines and an oil change. I don't get much free time and I'm already rebuilding a k241 for a friend's 73' no name. Plus I just picked up my main summer project last night. "project angry horse" 

DSC_0695.JPG