pappap2014

D-250 New Owner

pappap2014

Hello,I bought a D-250 two weeks ago and have seen this site several times,finally signed up.You will have to excuse me if I do something wrong,I read the intro for getting around the site.Don't understand all of it yet.My uncle used Wheel Horses for years,on our dairy farm.He passed on in 1982.I wish I knew the models he had,but I don't,all I do know is they were tough.Was looking for a compact tractor.Ran across this,made contact,the guy had no info,on any question I asked.Drove the 45 miles to look at it.Opened the hood and saw a 4 cyl,water cooled engine.Looked at the tag,on the frame because whoever he bought it from,painted it Ford blue.Yep,it's blue.Made the deal.Also got a WH rear scraper blade,a disk and the drawbar. 3 point works great,very small leak on cyl packing.I do have a leaky water pump,that I can't find,well I did find one,but I can't afford it.It has a rear pto,all the tires were junk,all are new now,has a front pto drive?,but no pump.And a front bracket for quick attaching implements?,has (2 )1/4 turn spring loaded tabs and the bottom of it has a half moon slot.I am amazed this is a WH,never knew about this model.Have played around with tractors all my life.Need advice from all you guys though,I bought this thing to use.It is a 1976,SN-61-20RG01.Should I use it or restore it or sell it to a collector.I was just looking for something with a 3 point hitch to work around the house.Didn't know you can put a loader on,when I bought it.I have learned a lot in 2 weeks.Hope I can figure out how to read any responses,I get about this.Sorry it's so long.Thanks Russ in N.C.