Retired Wrencher

Commando 6

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh:  Well after a year of farting around with the little Tecky. I got it running. It had some real issues with electrical. It was left out side a lot it was rusted in a lot of areas like the engine shrouds. Possible reason for the electrical issues. So after putting a few coils on it and frying them. I strip it down. A friend had a snow blower engine [good for parts] so changed it all out to a pull start. Need to find a S/Blower starter for it at the show this weekend. I know you guys want pick`s but it is not much to look at. I am just happy it is running.  :D  :thumbs2:  So that is why I am posting.  Enjoy the ride. Gary   B..

• Like 2

stratostar250

Getting something running when it doesn't is always an exciting feat!  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 3

slammer302

I'm always very excited when I get a tecky running!!

• Like 4

stevasaurus

Gary, you need to take a picture of it running just for proof for the non-believers.  :bow-blue:   Any body can say that they got a Tecumsah running. :ychain:  

I happen to have pictures of when I got my 502 running some years ago...it had set for 20 years.  Now that is something to be proud of.  :)

• Like 2

slammer302

I did the same when I got my 502 running

• Like 2

stratostar250

Gary, you need to take a picture of it running just for proof for the non-believers.  :bow-blue:   Any body can say that they got a Tecumsah running. :ychain:  

I happen to have pictures of when I got my 502 running some years ago...it had set for 20 years.  Now that is something to be proud of.  :)

I took a video of my 656 after I got the techy running good the other day, but since that day, it hasn't run more than 5 seconds at a time.  I'm glad I got the video while I did.  :ychain:

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

I took a video of my 656 after I got the techy running good the other day, but since that day, it hasn't run more than 5 seconds at a time.  I'm glad I got the video while I did.  :ychain:

Steve/Stratostar. I have been running it for the last 2 days fixing all the bugs. It started 2nd pull yesterday = cold, I must have did something write. I had some Marvel and cleaned it up a little looks a lot better. I have the show today. need to find a cheap seat and S/Blower starter. Steve I do not think it ever be like your 502 but it is fun to drive around the house..When I get home I will try do a short vid. Thanks Guys great site we have here. Gary   B.

Edited by T1257
  • Like 1

squonk

It's that $18.00 carb, Briggs muffler and that Summit decal that did it! :)

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

It's that $18.00 carb, Briggs muffler and that Summit decal that did it! :)

​That`s it My Rat Ride.

stevasaurus

It does sound great Gary.  Cool video...thanks for sharing that.  dang, I love this site.  :)

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher

It does sound great Gary.  Cool video...thanks for sharing that.  dang, I love this site.  :)

​Steve it is defiantly the people that make it. Ohh yea the tractors.

• Like 1