Pollack Pete

C-195 Front Wheel Bearings

Pollack Pete

I'm sure this has been discussed here before,but does anyone have a source for front wheel bearings for a Wheel Horse with 1 inch axles?Parts Tree lists them as NLA.They're a flange bearing.I inch bore.1 7/8 OD.1/2 inch wide.I have a Heim part number,a Kilian number and a RBC number.Internet search came up with nothing.A phone call to a local bearing supply house turned up the same.Fella said they're obsolete.So what's everyone with a C-195,D-180,D-200,etc doing when they need new front wheel bearings?Thanks for any and all info.

Pollack Pete

Anybody??????? Am I the only one here who has had to replace front wheel bearings on a WH with 1 inch axles??????

pacer

I was building my own hubs for 3 of the tractors that had 3/4" bearings and using shouldered bearings - so they turned out so well I decided to make up a couple for my D-180 with 1" ----------- well, guess what, I never did find any in 1", its kinda like if its over 3/4" they dont do em. I really didnt do quite as thorough search as I have on other items in the past, I just went ahead and made the hubs up to accept conventional roller bearings

Marv

Pete,

How many do you need?

Marvin

Pollack Pete

Pete,

How many do you need?

Marvin

Hi Marvin........could really use 2 bearings.Thanks for replying.

tractorhogg

Sorry, I don't think much of those bearings. I'm surprised they are even still servicable, maybe one reason they are NLA, no more steel strong enough to satisfy the weight requirements. I install shorty or dexter 4 bolt hubs with 1" tapered roller bearings and use a 3.75-10 steel rim with a 4.80 tri-rib, or a 4.80-10 trailer tire. It saves the steering parts and works like a power steering upgrade for a fraction of the cost

Marv

Pete, 
Take a look at the thread D200 front axle refurb. This is what I did to mine.

I have two good usable bearings from the original wheels. They might work for you.
Marvin