solpushcart

Changing Drive Belt

solpushcart

I'm new here so please bear with me. My son acquired an older model wheel horse riding mower while he was in Nebraska. Now he, and it, are back home for a bit. I have no idea how to tell what year or model it is other than somewhere around the '85 models. It is a 211-5 and runs the 11 hp B&S. The serial tag for it is a paper sticker located below the front of the seat and is wore out.

We are in the process of getting it running again as it is looking rough. The engine runs ok, but still needs a little trimming. When we tried putting it in gear, it didn't go anywhere. That's when we noticed the drive belt was stretched and worn. I guess my question for this would be how in the world you remove and replace this without having to disconnect everything underneath? I had to take a lot of parts loose and finally got it removed from the rear. Now it appears that I have to take the entire clutch pulley and cross bar off in order to get the front of the belt off.

Any help in this would be great.

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

I have no experience with this model but it was sold 1985-1989. The code on the engine will have it's date of manufacture. Believe it starts with year month day and then plant shift.

A bit of service info in these but not good copies

Garry

solpushcart

Thanks. I'll look through this when I get off work today.