JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

tecumseh H60,,,,,,, basic information

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok fellas. Just posted a bunch of pictures over on the 50 dollar wheel horse thread.

Glenn

post-12073-0-49352600-1414955880_thumb.j

Geno

Probably already been there.

Shhhhhhhhhh.   :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

You gotta change those brake pads Geno.    :scared-eek: 

• Like 2

squonk

Tecky's making a comeback! animated-smileys-shocked-024_zpsc3f3f670

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Kohler Engine 7hp - Model K161T - Spec No. 281269J

Guys, I wanted to reach out on something. The engine and specs noted above are from a possible donor engine I came across. I know its not a tecumseh but it does look "period correct" would any of you know if this engine would work? And if so,,,,,,where / how could you mount the gas tank. As always, thanks.

Glenn

Gentleman, reaching out here as I posted this comment on my other thread to. 500 special aisle 3.

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

Callen

The fuel tank mounts right in front of the dash under the hood on the flat plate that has the 6/ checkered flag decal attached. I believe all the models from '65-'78 had the tank there. The Kohler should bolt right on but, you will need a belt guard from a tractor that has a Kohler and probably longer throttle and choke cables. Just make sure it doesn't have a stubby crank.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

The fuel tank mounts right in front of the dash under the hood on the flat plate that has the 6/ checkered flag decal attached. I believe all the models from '65-'78 had the tank there. The Kohler should bolt right on but, you will need a belt guard from a tractor that has a Kohler and probably longer throttle and choke cables. Just make sure it doesn't have a stubby crank.

callen,,,the few pictures I have seen shows the tank mounted from a metal plate with 3 bolts on top of the tecumseh motor. Another member suggests mounting the tank somewhat the way you suggest. It might work,,,,,but,,,,question. What do you mean by stubby crank? Sorry,,,not very well versed in the lingo. Thanks again though, its very much appreciated. If you go to my other thread,,,,500 special sale in aisle 3 ,,,you will see the suggested tank mount pictures.

glenn

Desko

A stubby crank is a short crank or a tapered crank and will not work in this application if it has one

• Like 1

Geno

Kohler Engine 7hp - Model K161T - Spec No. 281269J

Guys, I wanted to reach out on something. The engine and specs noted above are from a possible donor engine I came across. I know its not a tecumseh but it does look "period correct" would any of you know if this engine would work? And if so,,,,,,where / how could you mount the gas tank. As always, thanks.

Glenn

Gentleman, reaching out here as I posted this comment on my other thread to. 500 special aisle 3.

I just replied to this in another thread.  How many do you have for this thing now?   :laughing-rolling:

Desko

Geno in my count he has 3

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Why....are the counting police coming for me?

Glenn

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

Tecky's making a comeback! animated-smileys-shocked-024_zpsc3f3f670

I've got two and neither one of them run.  :banghead:

• Like 2

squonk

Glenn

BAD BOYS !! BAD BOYS!! Whatca gonna do when they come for you! 

I've got two and neither one of them run.  :banghead:

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :banana-wrench:  :banana-wrench: 

• Like 3

Geno

Glenn

:law-policeblue: :law-policeblue:     :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

One ah,ah,ah

Two ah,ah,ah

Three ah,ah,ah 

post-13750-0-83436300-1415124060.jpg

He is always watching Glenn! Careful what you ask for!!  :ROTF:

• Like 3

squonk

One ah,ah,ah

Two ah,ah,ah

Three ah,ah,ah 

attachicon.gif_62558092_15.thecountand8-richardtermine.jpg

He is always watching Glenn! Careful what you ask for!!  :ROTF:

Today's word is eight! Please use eight in a sentence. " I watched her eat 2 hot dogs, and then she eight a bag of potato chips!"   :)

• Like 3

AJ_Thanatos

Consider this thread Hijacked..  :text-imsorry:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

All jacked up...

as usual.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

1" by 3" long. That should do it. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there is always the unknown extra stuff. Lol

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Will a keyed shaft work or not?

Glenn

Desko

If its the crank than yes itll work

• Like 1

Callen

1x3 keyed shaft will work good. The pics of the fuel tank, in the other thread, is right on. You will have to remove the bushing from the pulley you have on the blue engine.

Chester

Edited by Callen
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok guys,,,,

here is something else,,,the kohler we know has the 1" by 3" keyed shaft .....

when I look at pictures og it, the shaft is smooth, all the way to the end. At the end, there is what looks like a small nipple on the end, I contacted the owner, he told me that nipplt screws into the end of the shaft. It came be taken off. The reason it is there is to hols the end of spring for the clutch.

The problem is now,,,,,,since its not turned to put a nut on it. How does the pulley stay on it?

dont say the keyway with a allen screw. All those rpm's and the pressure of the drive belt and the deck belt to. Wouldnt that work that set of pulleys loose and work its way off? I have been looking for pictures and answers all day long.

I guess by now you guys are sick and tired of this subject. But I cant find a answer and I like this little motor.

like Ken said to me, and when he typed,,,,,"jerseyhawg / glenn, oil cleanup in aisle 7 cause the tecky blew a rod out the side."

Thats why I keep pursuing this little kohler,,,wont buy it if it dont work. Thanks

Glenn

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok guys....just found the answer myself. Messing with the 500 drive pulley.

Glenn

post-12073-0-47943300-1415320755_thumb.jpost-12073-0-31003400-1415320780_thumb.jpost-12073-0-00436000-1415320804_thumb.j

slammer302

I believe that is the same setup I have on a lawn ranger