Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

RMCIII

Remember the BIG GAME this week is ND vs. FSU!!!!! GO IRISH!!!! Only 5 teams left undefeated and this one has the makings of being a true fight to the finish! To bad this game is not beig played as a home game for the Irish. Something to ponder... If Ol Miss and Mississippit State win out the rest of the season, they potentially could be 1-2 ranked and still have no loses. They would then play each other again in the play-offs or possibly, dependig on how the play-offs are structured, they could see each other in the Championship game.......

Rob

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 2

RMCIII

Scratch that, I forgot about Marshall. They are 6-0 also but have not really played anyone, but they round out the top 25.

Racinbob

I agree, home would be nice, especially since that stupid tomahawk chant wouldn't be as loud. We get so tired of that. It should be a great game as long as the turnovers that have plagued the Irish lately come to an end. The weather is going to be absolutely perfect so that can't be used as an excuse. 

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

AJ_Thanatos

One thing for sure Michigan can't loose this week..... :)

MINNESOTA ~ IOWA ~ RUTGERS ~ MICHIGAN ST ~ NORTHWESTERN

GO HAWKeYe's :handgestures-thumbupright:

Good pick with Rutgers!

Racinbob & RMCIII there will be quite the party at my house tonight for the game and you are invited!

GO IRISH!!!!!

Edited by AJ_Thanatos

Racinbob

Would love to come AJ but I think you're a tad too far away. We'll be having our usual group, daughter, son in law and granddaughter. Plenty of good eats and....refreshments. My wife is going to make some frozen mudslides too.

I just looked over the schedule. There's several top 25 matchups. Some really good games. Yet another shake up in the rankings this week. Then there's tomorrow. Talladega with three of the 'top' contenders in basically must win situations. Should be wild. Fun weekend!

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

Maryland was starting to scare me. They will pull this out I'm sure of it!

RMCIII

John;

If Iowa looses this game, I will NEVER pick them again! This is EXACTLY what I am talking about being consistent. They even have the odds in Vegas, but they are playing like crap. I know they are your team, but dang, win the games you are picked/supposed to win.

AJ_Thanatos

Yeah that.. And what is the gophers problem. Really they want to make a game with Purdon't? [emoji35]

squonk

WOW!   Must have been some awesome doughnut wrestling at Brrly's house!  707109581avatar_zps2ca35f35.gif

animated-smileys-shocked-042_zpsdc34b73c

• Like 1

Racinbob

I see it as being one wrong pick closer to BACON MAPLE DONUTS. :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Holy Cow...I just got in today...Maryland beat Iowa...who would have thought that!!!   :teasing-tease::hilarious:

• Like 1

Brrly1

You think those smiley's are gonna protect you??? :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :snooty:  :angry-nono:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :ychain:

• Like 1

squonk

Nothing like a good skirmish!

RMCIII

What a close game by Irish....I think had it been played at home, they would have been the team with the "W" and not FSU... However, it still was a fight. Only lost by 4.....

• Like 1

RMCIII

Well, at least 2 of our teams are stilling doing what they are supposed to do.... WIN!!! They both should win their next couple games, then it will be another battle in the B1G..... They may both even be in the top 10 if the top 10 now lose any games.......ND should still stay in the top 10 even with the loss to FSU.... Nov. 8th at MSU vs. OSU...... That will be a good game....

Rob

RMCIII

Well, after looking at all the scores, OSU may very well get a top 10 ranking..... Baylor lost to an unranked team, and Oklahoma lost to Kansas, so that should put them in the top 10 now....

John, I was reading some interesting comments regarding Iowa. "What about Iowa, still a player in the West Division with its favorable schedule but unable to break through in a winnable game Saturday? Just as the Hawkeyes’ offense appears to have gained speed, the defense took a step back in College Park". < As stated by Mitch Sherman ESPN News. Maybe if you would give them a pep talk before their games they may get inspired to actually win! :ychain:  :laughing-rofl:

Here is something else I had not been keen on...... In the last 4 games OSU, lead by their true red shirt Freshman qb, has averaged 614 yrds. per game. Better than any other QB in the NCAA. Now they are talking Heisman - but he is a long shot. They have also won, their 4th only game, scoring 50 points or more.... Maybe, and this is just a maybe at this point, we could start to see a consistant team for at least the next 3 seasons!!!!!

Rob

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 1

squonk

Northwestern had me scared for a second. If they won, I would have had to drive to Illinois and put flamingo's all over Steve's yard!  :angry-tappingfoot:  :angry-tappingfoot:  :angry-tappingfoot:  :)

• Like 2

Brrly1

My money says they would have been Pink!!!! LOL :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :ychain:  :ychain:  :violence-blades:  :violence-blades:

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

RESULTS OF WEEK # 8  WINNING TEAMS...MINNESOTA,MARYLAND, OHIO ST., MICHIGAN ST., NEBRASKA

WITH PERFECT SLATES AND BRAGGING RIGHTS THIS WEEK  5 WINS AND 0 LOSSES...JACKHAMMER, SQUONK, BITTEN  CONGRATULATIONS GUYS  :)

4 WINS AND 1 LOSS...STEVASAURUS, BRRLY1, RACINBOB, JIMD, THANATOS, RMCIII, HODGE

2 WINS AND 3 LOSSES...HORSEFIXER  :eusa-think:

TOTAL RESULTS TO DATE 75 GAMES

59 WINS AND 16 LOSSES...HODGE

56 WINS AND 19 LOSSES...SQUONK

55 WINS AND 20 LOSSES...STEVASAURUS, BRRLY1, THANATOS

54 WINS AND 21 LOSSES...JACKHAMMER

52 WINS AND 23 LOSSES...BITTEN

51 WINS AND 24 LOSSES...RACINBOB, RMCIII, HORSEFIXER

49 WINS AND 26 LOSSES...JIMD

stevasaurus

Squonk...if you were wearing a skirt, I could see your underwear.(pink).  Don't get a nose bleed up there.  :)

Jackhammer...Rick, that is 2 perfect weeks in a row for you...WOW!!!  :bow-blue:

AS ALWAYS...GO HAWKEYES... :ROTF::greetings-wavingblue:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 3

squonk

Don't look up, something might fall on your head! :confusion-seeingstars:  :confusion-seeingstars:  :confusion-seeingstars: 

• Like 1

bitten

:banana-tux:  :banana-tux:  :banana-tux:GO BUCKEYES :banana-tux:  :banana-tux:  :banana-tux:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

WEEK # 9 GAMES  (5)  IOWA, NORTHWESTERN,INDIANA AND PURDUE HAVE THE WEEK OFF...SHOULD BE EASY PICKINGS THIS WEEK.  :)

MINNESOTA  AT  ILLINOIS

MARYLAND  AT  WISCONSIN

RUTGERS  AT  NEBRASKA

MICHIGAN  AT  MICHIGAN ST.

OHIO ST.  AT  PENN ST.

Edited by stevasaurus

Racinbob

Maybe Steve. But the way the upsets have been going this year?? :eusa-think:

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan State, Ohio State

I'm still in mourning about the Notre Dame game but I gotta say it sure was a good game. :no:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I know what you mean Bob...your picks are probably the safe picks and that is what I was thinking also, but there is no movement if everyone picks the same teams this week.  The thing is to find that upset and go with it and hope it happens...JimD is sitting on the doughnuts.  Just so everyone knows...I do not mind if you change a pick after it is posted.  I would ask that you do not go back and edit your post, but just post the change/s you are making where the thread is at...before kickoff on Saturday.  That way...I will spot them and make corrections.  :)  While it looks like easy pickings this week...the parity in this weeks games...OH YA...could be one of those RMCIII weeks.  :bow-blue::)   At least we do have to pick Iowa, Northwestern or Purdue this week.