Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

Racinbob

I just need to find someplace to hide. The blind squirrel is gonna be hungry this week.

jackhammer

Man , I'm on a big stink roll today,, digging a hole deeper after every game it seems.

Think I'm gonna change my handle to grave digger

JimD

Rough year so far. Let's face it, The Big Ten is in shambles right now. No matter who ya pick, it's wrong. Some of the teams that should be winning are falling apart and some of the teams that were weak the last few seasons are winning now. I guess we've achieved some form of parity in the conference but it's not advancing the B1G to be able to compete with the SEC and other strong conferences.

The burning question of the week: What is a Ute? :scratchead:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

WEEK # 4 RESULTS  WELL, THE BIG TEN FINALLY HAD THE KIND OF DAY WE WERE ALL EXPECTING IN THE 1ST 3 WEEKS.  ALL THE BIG TEN TEAMS WON YESTERDAY...EXCEPT MICHIGAN...OHIO ST. HAD A BYE.  REALLY SOME VERY GOOD GAMES WERE PLAYED YESTERDAY.  :)

RESULTS

11 WINS AND 2 LOSSES...AND BRAGGING RIGHTS...STEVASAURUS, BRRLY1, FARMHAND  :)

10 WINS AND 3 LOSSES...THANATOS, HORSEFIXER

9 WINS AND 4 LOSSES...SQUONK, BITTEN

8 WINS AND 5 LOSSES...JIMD, JACKHAMMER

7 WINS AND 6 LOSSES...PAPAGLIDE

6 WINS AND 7 LOSSES...RMCIII

5 WINS AND 8 LOSSES...RACINBOB

RESULTS AFTER 4 WEEKS  SHOULD ADD UP TO 50 GAMES

41 WINS AND  9 LOSSES...THE MAN STILL ON THE TOP...FARMHAND  :)

39 WINS AND 11 LOSSES...STEVASAURUS

38 WINS AND 12 LOSSES...THANATOS, HORSEFIXER

37 WINS AND 13 LOSSES...SQUONK, BRRLY1

35 WINS AND 15 LOSSES...RMCIII

34 WINS AND 16 LOSSES...RACINBOB, JIMD, JACKHAMMER, BITTEN

Edited by stevasaurus

bitten

Good News. I have company in the basement...lol....

• Like 3

Racinbob

I guess I showed you guys this week :teasing-tease:

• Like 2

jackhammer

3 musketeers,

But -- --- man that's a big word..   I'm  a movin' on top ..  Better check your picks twice next time fellas

Like to know where your getting your good fortune from Steve ,, Watch the shadows , there is someone lurking

Edited by jackhammer

stevasaurus

Rick, I have just been lucky.  One thing different this year from last...I have picked the Iowa and Northwestern games so far.  Last year these 2 teams killed me.  I could easily have another 2 or 3 losses this year just from these guys.  Iowa plays Purdue next week...at Purdue.  Which Iowa and which Purdue is going to show up?  Northwestern plays at Penn St.should be an easy game for Penn St.  :)

BTW, I have been finding a few lucky pennies on the ground lately.  :)

• Like 2

JimD

How do you pick up the pennies with those short arms? :scratchead:

• Like 3

Brrly1

:eusa-think:  :eusa-think:  :eusa-think:  :angry-nono:  :angry-nono:    :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:   :laughing-rofl:  :violence-blades:

stevasaurus

Hey Brrly...if Michigan keeps playing like they have been...the bunch of us may be able to get tickets at the "BIG HOUSE" cheap for the Illinois vs Michigan game. :orcs-cheers:

Maybe some seats on the 50 yard line about 10 rows up.  :ychain:

Or we could go and watch Purdue beat Iowa this next weekend...cheap tickets there also.  :woohoo:

jackhammer

Easy to pick with toes when you don't wear socks JimD

• Like 3

JimD

Easy to pick with toes when you don't wear socks JimD

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

stevasaurus

WEEK # 5 THERE ARE 9 GAMES THIS WEEK (NINE)......5 OF THE GAMES ARE CONFERENCE GAMES  :)

NORTHWESTERN  AT  PENN ST.

IOWA  AT  PURDUE

TULANE  AT  RUTGERS

SOUTH FLORIDA  AT  WISCONSIN

WYOMING  AT  MICHIGAN ST.

MARYLAND  AT  INDIANA

MINNESOTA  AT  MICHIGAN

CINCINNATI  AT  OHIO ST.

ILLINOIS  AT  NEBRASKA

RMCIII

Went from being tied for 2nd place with Hodge in the lead to the next rung up from the bottom! I've dug myself out of worse situations, but the way the B1G looks this year, it may be pretty difficult.

Rob

stevasaurus

Rob...you had a bad week...really only 1 extra loss with what happened with your picks.  You were not the only one that had trouble picking last weeks games.  Ya, it would have been tough the next few years to come back, but there are probably 7 games a week on average this year to pick...instead of 5 or 6...9 this week (starting conference play) and I don't think anyone has a clue who in the Big Ten is really good.  Purdue or Indiana could beat Michigan or Ohio St. this year.  Illinois could beat Nebraska...Iowa may actually win a game in the 3rd quarter...or not be as lucky as they have been.  Does anyone really know what Rutgers and Maryland are capable of yet?  How good is Penn St. really?  How good is Wisconsin or Michigan St. away from home??  Is Nebraska really as good as they looked against Miami??  Could Northwestern beat Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa??  It is going to be hard to look at the non-conference record of this conference and try to pick the games in the next 3 weeks for sure.

Here is my secret way to pick the games this week.... :)   CLICK HERE...X

Edited by stevasaurus

Racinbob

I might as well see how deep I can bury myself:

Penn State, Iowa, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska

• Like 1

HorseFixer

If by some chance with my Schedule, and I forget  or miss picking games for whatever reason, I am Appointing  Dino Executor of my picks, in my absence. I hope he doesn't pick MICHIGAN. :ychain:

Signed THE DUKE Go Hawkeyes  :)

BRRLY.jpg

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 4

squonk

Too bad you can't watch Terry Bradshaw pick these games. You could pick the exact opposite of him and at least bat .750!  :)  :)

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I'm looking forward to picking Duke's picks...if he does not show up.   GO HAWKEYES!!!  :ychain:

• Like 1

squonk

No fair getting your picks in after College Gameday either :naughty:  :)

Racinbob

Just the Vegas odds. :)

stevasaurus

Just so everyone knows...Robs 2 picks (that he didn't pick) were counted as losses sense the games had already started when he posted them.  :eusa-think:

Make sure your picks add up to the number of games being played... :)

Brrly1

As we all well know second place is for the birds! I am really not hoping to finish there or who knows I could end up in the basement serving donuts and ensure or something crazy like that, anyways I am not going there. I am going with the home teams this week other than one. I'll bet you'll never guess which one??? Give up??? I'll take the Iowa Hawkeyes over Purdue at home. So just for my "Special" Dino we are going with Penn State, Iowa, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska I just luv it when a plan comes together. Once again boys in girls it time for As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!!

post-45-0-31852500-1411476471.jpg

• Like 3

squonk

I like my ensure in chocolate flavor.  :)

• Like 1