zeedubbya

A member has passed away

zeedubbya

Member oldnugly (Tom Flynn) passed away in February. I spent some time talking to him about tractors in the past and didn't realize he had left us until today when I was looking on CL and saw his 953 with sicklebar for sale. I didn't know him well, but I know he loved his 953 and talking about Wheel Horses. I contacted his wife and she told me it'd be ok to put a note on here. May he rest in peace.

• Like 9

speedyleedy

Rest in peace Tom Flynn ( aka  oldnugly )

bowtieguy

Another member (toolman) Ronnie from Warsaw MO died a few months ago..he was "one of a kind" and loved his Wheel Horse...think it was a 73 model but he had it looking good and loved to talk tractors....not sure what his wife will do with the ole WH and sulkey...RIP Ronnie

• Like 3

stevasaurus

I've typed back and forth with both of these guys.  My prayers with both and their families.

Lane Ranger

Old nugley and I shared the passion for the 953 and the Wheel Horse sickle bar mower.   We traded quite a few pictures , messages and laughs!   He loved his Wheel Horse tractors and what they could do.

My condolences to his family and friends. !

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Condolences to his family.

Firpo701

My thoughts and prayers are with their families.

Wade

My Thought's are with the families and friends ,including there extended Wheel Horse Family here at the Red Square. As we all grow older we seem to learn how short the time it that we are here on this earth. Enjoy your families and the little things that we all seem to take for granted until it's gone I haven't been part of the Red Square Family but I wish we all lived closer, so we could share more. Have a Good evening All.

• Like 5

formariz

My condolences to the family.

I think it would be proper and a nice gesture to establish a separate member section for the ones that have left us. It would be a little memorial to them and at the same time inform other members of their passing.

• Like 5

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:   Yeah...like our very own :rs: hall of fame.    :text-+1:

"Gone but not forgotten" 

Edited by AMC RULES

Tankman

My prayers for both passed forum members.

Their presence will be missed but not forgotten, RIP guys!   :sad:

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

Vinylguy

My condolences to the family.

I think it would be proper and a nice gesture to establish a separate member section for the ones that have left us. It would be a little memorial to them and at the same time inform other members of their passing.

Absolutely wonderful Idea!!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Sad to hear of the loss of a couple of our "brothers"!

546cowboy

Well I have only met a few on here since I live in NW Indiana. Mostly other members who have bought tractors or parts from me and came to pick them up but this forum has made me aware of a lot of you on here. These forums, I do belong to others like most of you, are one of the most enjoyable parts of this hobby. It is a fact that sooner or later we all have to go to the great garden in the sky. The only bad part about that is we don't get to take our tractors with us.

I do think that is a great idea about having a section for our friends who have left us though. They may be gone but not forgotten that way.

I don't recall ever having any contact with either of these two Horse Lovers but never the less, my condolences to their families and friends. 

857 horse

I AM SOMEWHAT NEW TO THE RED ROUND HOODS,,,AFTER READING THIS POST IT DAWNED ON ME,,,,,I HAVE MADE IT TO 3 BIG SHOWS THE LAST 3 YEARS,,I HAVE ALREADY RESERVED MY ROOM FOR NEXT YEAR....I LOOK FORWARD TO THE BIG PA SHOW NOW......

BUT YEAH KNOW......... I HAVE NOT  HAD A FAMILY REUNION COOK OUT IN 10 YEARS..... IM NOT SAYING "THAT,S SAD",,,,ADJUSTING PRIORITIES

MAY BE IN ORDER..........

MY TRACTOR PASSION  $$$  ........... FAMILY: PRICLESS

857HORSE         HOWARD IN VIRGINIA

GONNA GO FOR NOW...    MAYBE CALL 1 OF MY KIDS

• Like 2

JC 1965

My prayers go out to both family's. Rest in peace fellows. 

chazm

To our lost brothers... Our prayers go out to both family's. Gods speed fellow :wh: Comrades