MalMac

What's so funny, I don't get it?

Tim Bergfeld

Ok here is the plan when this one he bought dies next year or year after tell him you sure are glad you have that Stone Age tractor and ask him how much he wasted on the one he just had to replace

• Like 2

oldredrider

I'll take Fred Flinstone over George Jetson any day.

• Like 2

KC9KAS

And just what will your neighbors tractor look like in 34 years?

I know, a recycled beer can!

• Like 4

AMC RULES

I can't imagine one good reason why...   :teasing-poke: 

you stopped that gorgeous :wh: to entertain his nonsense in the first place.   :ychain: 

• Like 6

varosd

you will get the last laugh when you have to help drag his tractor lawn mower back to his garage! using your "34 year old" tractor

stevasaurus

Wait until something is wrong with it and what it costs to fix it...if they can fix it.  :)  Wheel Horse was just made for all of us "Shade Tree Mechanics". :eusa-think:

• Like 4

slammer302

Im sure you will get the last laugh

Wishin4a416

Im glad some people feel like that. Leaves more for us.

• Like 4

Molon_Labe

You know, there's nothing like these old dinosaurs, they mow, haul, lift, push and plow anything we ask of them. Can the big box wannabe's say the same? That is the difference in my opinion. Long live these dinosaurs!

• Like 3

857 horse

I MAY HAVE 5 WHEEL HORSES.....BUT LIKE ME,,,EVERYONE  HAS THAT "WORKER"  IN THE HERD........HE PROBABLY CANT GET A SNOW PLOW...MUSH LESS A SNOW BLOWER,,,

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Tankman

I get a great big smile, and laugh, watching shoppers at Home "Cheapo" or another BIG box outlet.

A neighbor said one day, "I have twenty-two horsepower." I grin, "For how long?"

Of course the lowly Horses I have, including my '90 520-8, is no match for his MTD!   :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

"Red is for the blood we shed."

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

leeave96

Even though I'm going through garden tractor breakdown h%#l this year! I still feel more at ease with my old iron tractors than my box store Cub Cadet lawn tractor (which has been a GREAT little mower) and my Simplicity Landlord DLX (which IMHO is a fine machine, super easy to work-on, but a light weight garden tractor). When I fire up the mighty 520H, I just know it ain't going to break any time soon. Can't say that with full confidence with the lighter weight machines - but they have their place.

Bill

neil

He how laughs lasts , laughs loudest

• Like 1

312Hydro

Does the engine have points? It should survive a massive solar flare or EMP from nuclear war. Tell him that you are a "Doomsday Prepper" getting ready for the Apocalypse! Invite him over to see your "fallout shelter" too. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Example here-http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=216999

Edited by 312Hydro
  • Like 2

Lagersolut

After reading that , it's just too funny , some of my neighbors have big box store tractors mowers , as I'm working/sitting around the house , every time one or all of them mow it just further justifies my  :wh: 's -   I see those 22 hp beer cans - just can't climb a hill :eusa-whistle:  Ruh Row - next we're greeted with the harmony of backfires and PTO shut offs from leaning off  a very sensitive safety switch, putting it it reverse , backing off the throttle, shutting it off or any other actions,  sometimes just putting the key in the ignition - 2 months ago , I watched a nice shiny new Crapsman delivered - never made it to the yard - wouldn't start to get it off the lift gate :dance:  back to the store it goes :ROTF: ( the Wheel Horse in my AV is 36 years old  , been in the family from new - it's always started  :bow-blue: )  one neighbor comes over and says you know how to work on tractors don't you ?  I have an MTD ( 5 years old ) the motors blew up, you can have it - I declined he can have his junk ....off to tractor  mower heaven it goes ..... :laughing-rofl:

Where's your big box POS going to be 36 years from now ? :ROTF:

I'll just stay  with my :wh: dinosaur's  ....THANKS

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 3

Racinbob

Really Lagersolut, you should show more respect to beer cans. :naughty:  They perform their intended job much better than those so called lawn mowers.

• Like 6

Lagersolut

Really Lagersolut, you should show more respect to beer cans. :naughty:  They perform their intended job much better than those so called lawn mowers.

:greetings-waveyellow:  My bad - you're absolutely right, ya know I lost count over the years how many times said to myself or the wife ......

Glad it's not mine :popcorn: .....( don't ever remember saying that about  a Yuengling  Lager  )       LOL

• Like 2

jackhammer

Your leading by example Malmac   You are truly a WH ambassador

Zeus55

Only one thing to say... none of his business... f___uck him!

C-101plowerpower

hehe, made me laugh, i recently saw a transmission/rear axle off of one of those tupperware machines, left axle twisted and broke clean off. my horse survived being upside down in a ditch 2 times

don't see that happening with one of the new "tractors" you'll lose all your tupper ware :laughing-rofl:

Koen :flags-netherlands: 

• Like 2

Pocketraisins

The first question I would ask my neighbor is "Does it have a serviceable transaxle in it?" When he answers no, ask him what he is going to do with the engine and frame when the rear takes a dump on him two years down the road.

My neighbors laugh a little when they see my old  6' 2" 430 lb. body laying in the drive working on my Wheel Horses and other equipment. I had one stop one day and ask me why I was having so much trouble with my equipment. I told him I wasn't having trouble, I was just making sure I didn't have any trouble the upcoming Winter. It was like a light went off. It was as if he had never thought of doing an oil change, lube and tune up on his mower. (Forehead slap entered here________") The next day I drove by and he was on the drive changing his oil (more likely the syrup he had left in it.)

I also told him about the benefits of MMO, Sea Foam and non-ethanol fuel which is sold a few miles up the road. I now have a friend for life just for the education. He was also amazed when my GT pulled my girlfriends JD 155C, overloaded yard trailer (500 lb.+) full of landscape brick, her 310 lb. son and my 430 lb. self uphill and around the house between two of the vehicles without spinning a tire. He just couldn't believe it could pull all the weight. I even told him "You should see it move snow".

• Like 1

Jrblanke

I believe I would have had to whoop his a....I mean.... wire his mower to expl....I mean....I would just........man. You handled it much better than I would have. 

Maybe the best thing to do would be to handle it the way you did. When his mower breaks down, you show him the ways of the horse. 

• Like 1

Forest Road

Education is cheap. Ignorance is for sale at just about every big box store.

We'll have the last laugh!

• Like 1