Sparky

A darker red one came home today......

Sparky

Been without a 4 wheel toy for a couple years so I scraped up all my pennies and bought this over the weekend.

Its a 1994 with a 5.7v-8 (what else right :roll:  ?) with a 6 speed manual, and a solid targa top with a leather interior. Its not showroom/mint condition and does have a few nicks and scratches but still looks presentable. The Magnaflow exhaust is a bit loud....or maybe I'm just to old :scratchead:  . 

Now to figure out how to insure it with one teeneage driver in the house and another one just 2 months away from 16!! 

Probably try for classic car insurance from Hagerty or something along those lines with just the wife and I on the policy.

Pics of course;

post-2-0-38282600-1407110878_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-65821300-1407110891_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-20714500-1407110909_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-27041200-1407110922_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-86967000-1407110936_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-99842300-1407110954_thumb.jpg

Mike.........

• Like 7

AMC RULES

What the heck is going on?   :ychain: 

Here I thought you were a Mopar guy Mike?

About time you came over to the winning team.    :auto-checkeredflag:  

USAA also has a great collector car insurance provider. 

American Collectors car insurance co. 

http://www.americancollectors.com/

dclarke

Always liked the Corvettes, Mike.  I had a '76 back in the late 70's, looks like you have a nice one!  :thumbs:

Geno

Sweet ride you got there, and the right brand.  Sorry AMC.  :laughing-rolling:

I have a few limited use classic policies with Shelter Insurance.  I Just paid the one on my 1992 Z28 convertible.  It's 92.00 every 6 months full coverage, 15,000.00 policy.  

I didn't know about this section, I should put it on here.   :)

Sparky

What the heck is going on?   :ychain: 

Here I thought you were a Mopar guy Mike?

About time you came over to the winning team.    :auto-checkeredflag:  

USAA also has a great collector car insurance provider. 

American Collectors car insurance co. 

http://www.americancollectors.com/

I like the Dodge trucks (although my current one might make me switch brands :eusa-think: !) but there's nothing from Dodge in the early 90's (or that fits my cool car budget) that would even come close to the cool factor the Vette has.

Mike........

Coadster32

Nice Vette!!!  I always wanted a 70's vette, but ended up with a 70's Camaro. (Wanted to take the kids with me and needed a 4 seater.) Someday, I'll get a vette when the kids are older. Good luck with it. Better to have it not showroom condition....now you won't be scared to use it.

• Like 1

squonk

The only bad thing about a Vette is getting out of it!  :)

I had a "Vette" once. Good beater. Fold down the seat and fill it with junk!  :thumbs:

post-2380-0-88256600-1407147320.jpg

• Like 4

Ken B

Very nice Mike! Now, I bet I could lay down some nice donuts with that one... Remember to use Mobil 1!

nylyon

I like the Dodge trucks (although my current one might make me switch brands :eusa-think: !) but there's nothing from Dodge in the early 90's (or that fits my cool car budget) that would even come close to the cool factor the Vette has.

Mike........

You don't like the Viper?  Nice Vette Mike and there's still plenty of summer left to enjoy!

dodgemike

Very nice. A friend had a '93 auto.

Bone stock it would run 13.70's

All day long. That was when solid

Performance made a comeback

After the dark emmissons years.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

squonk

Ah yes the emmision years. I remember them well. First computer command control carbs then the Cross-Fire ( Cease-Fire) injection!

Sparky

You don't like the Viper?  Nice Vette Mike and there's still plenty of summer left to enjoy!

I would love a Viper...more than a Vette even!! But they are way outa my price range.

The C-4 Vettes like mine are kinda inexpensive right now....hopin they start going up in value :eusa-think:  .

Mike..........

Docwheelhorse

Nice Car!!! WOW! ITS GOT A 350???? Really? Siggghhhhhhhhhh (Mike knows where I'm going with this...)

Tony

SALTYWRIGHT

MIKE I HAD A 1962 VETTE AND IN 1974 WE HAD THE GAS SHORTAGE SO I PUT A DIESEL MOTOR IN IT THAT WE HAD AT WORK. IT WAS ALOT OF FUN. I ALSO I HAD A 1958 VETTE AT ONE TIME.

Sparky

MIKE I HAD A 1962 VETTE AND IN 1974 WE HAD THE GAS SHORTAGE SO I PUT A DIESEL MOTOR IN IT THAT WE HAD AT WORK. IT WAS ALOT OF FUN. I ALSO I HAD A 1958 VETTE AT ONE TIME.

If the motor goes ka-pow Russ, I'll let ya stuff a diesel in this one :wicked:  !

Mike..........

squonk

hope it wasn't an Olds Diesel !  :)

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :helmet:  :helmet:  :helmet: 

Docwheelhorse

Mike... a DURAMAX probably would make the car FASTER! :eusa-think:     Yah the 94's have 300 ponies but I'd like to see the Duramax hooked up to the 6 Speed!

:laughing-rofl:

Tony

SALTYWRIGHT

A DURAMAX WILL BLOW THAT TRANS. WIDE OPEN.

stevasaurus

Are you kidding...insuring the kids and the wife on that car???  If it was me...they would be lucky to be able to look at it...maybe take the wife for a ride (once in a great while)...if she is good.:)  This car is made for (what we call in the fishing world).....trolling.  :)   Nice ride Mike!!!

• Like 2

stevebo

When are you putting a hitch on it?

• Like 1

Coadster32

Let's see it tow a senior. :icecream:

Sparky

Are you kidding...insuring the kids and the wife on that car???  If it was me...they would be lucky to be able to look at it...maybe take the wife for a ride (once in a great while)...if she is good.:)  This car is made for (what we call in the fishing world).....trolling.  :)   Nice ride Mike!!!

What I meant was that I have one teenage driver and another in the bull-pen so I need to shop around for a separate policy. Maybe a classic car policy with mileage restrictions.

Don't worry....the kids aint driving it! I will let my wife use it if she wants, but I bet she just takes the shotgun seat everytime.

Mike.......

nylyon

I went down the classic route on my Turbo Z, and it's good for keeping the cost low as well especially with the kids.

Sparky

Hey, I wouldn't be the first!!

post-2-0-19867500-1407286360.jpg

Mike............

• Like 1

Geno

I would check with you current provider just for fun, you never know and it never hurts to ask.  The other thing to take into consideration is if you have mulitcar, home, life, etc with your current company it can give you quite a few discounts. Here in KY the lowest milage is "driven less than 3 miles per day".  I have that on all of mine.