Tarby

Motion Industries-Eaton 700-015 trans Ass'y

Tarby

Hello to all-

I've been looking around the site and decided it was time to join and get some professional help from everyone here.  My mother has a 1989 518-H that she doesn't want to part with...and of course, the the Eaton hydrostat is the culprit for the tractor's bad performance.  It was re-built back in 1994 from the dealer, and of course is now slipping again up any grades and goes like the devil down hill when fully engaged.  I found a company that has the 700-015 Eaton available to be ordered, and wondered if anyone has dealt with them and if it is true that it can still be ordered?  The tractor is in very good condition and has only been used to mow lawn it's entire life (never been in snow or used to push dirt).  Any help or leads would be appreciated.  I am fairly mechanical, but no pro...I did restore my 310-8 a couple of years ago and would like to get the 518 up to par again for her.  The new Husquvarna she has is nice, but not as durable by any means or as comfortable to mow 5 acres with!!

Thanks for your time-

Tarby

wrmhaste

Is it motion industries out of Syracuse ny?

KC9KAS

:WRS:

squonk

5 acres? Get a Farmall Cub or A with some gang mowers.  :)

bitten

Hello and welcome to Red Square. Im not sure about being able to get a new Eaton 700 but would hate to see the price of one. I have heard about people putting in the tougher Eaton 1100 in place of the 700. Finding a good used 1100 might be a cheaper option for you.

Tarby

Thanks for the replies!  

wrmhaste-It's Motion Industries of Birmingham, AL.  I have to call them for info. regarding the pump...my gut says it's not available...

Squonk-Yeah, I know...5 acres is way too much, but she won't get any goats to help out the situation.  It was easier when my Dad was alive and we had 3 tractors going at the same time and my brother push mowing around the trees...Hahaha!!

bitten-I've seen the threads with swapping out to the 1100, but it seems that everyone has to swap out the whole trans-axle.  I may have found a 1984 Workhorse with hydro to do that...it has no engine, but everything else is there, but it has been sitting out for a few years in the weather and I may be in the same boat as I'm in now with a bad pump.

I also found on ebay a rebuild kit for the eaton 700 series.  Says it is good from 700-00 ccw to 700-041 ccw.  The 518H is Counter Clockwise, correct??  The guy has the kit listed for $390...Comes with input shaft, input shaft bearing, ball pump, and seal kit.  Would this be the easier route to repair??

Tarby

Well, I just got a quote on the 700-015 Eaton Hydro...it is still available for purchase.  They have to manufacture one.  Total cost for the pump is $627.47, with PA tax.  This is through Motion Industries, New Castle, PA directly through Eaton.  

• Like 1

smoreau

Wouldn't wast the $ on that. Get a used 1100 and change the oil to Mobil 1 and a new filter. Never worry again! I have 4 1100 Eaton's and work them very hard! Never had a issue yet.

546cowboy

I just sold a 700 pump on (you know) last month for $51 + shipping. total was about $70.To bad you didn't see that one.

Jake217

Gotta go with Scott on this one.

I had a great 312A with the Eaton 700 that the PO put an FEL on.  I knew when I bought it that the 700 had to be close to done with that thing on it.  Well, within 2 months of mowing, with the FEL transferred to another horse, the 700 started slipping going up a slight hill.  I searched far and wide and eventually found a whole transaxle with an 1100.  Bolted that baby into the 312A and have never looked back. 

If you have already had the 700 rebuilt once and now it's back in the same bad place it previously was, might be time for a different course of action. 

Just my $0.02.

Best of luck.