rnsdoughty

Cracked rear axles on 1969 Raider 12 8 speed mower

rnsdoughty

I have a 1969 Raider 12 with an 8 speed transmission.  Both rear axles have a hair-line crack about 1.5" from the outside end.  Has anyone else run across this and if so what did you do about it?  I do not know what model transmission I have..  I had thought about purchasing new axles but do not know where to go to find them (I also do not know a part number for the axles).  My next thought was to take the axles to a machine shop and see if they can fix them.  Does anyone have any thoughts on how I should solve my problem?  Thanks for any help given.

Rod

gwest_ca

This should be the original transmission

Garry

• Like 1

racinfool40

I have good used axle's if needed...I wish ya luck finding new ones..They are almost impossible to find for the 10-pinion differential which you should have in your trans....PM me if interested.

• Like 1

rnsdoughty

I have good used axle's if needed...I wish ya luck finding new ones..They are almost impossible to find for the 10-pinion differential which you should have in your trans....PM me if interested.

I am new to the Red Square Wheel Horse Forum so do not know If I am doing this correctly.  This is meant for racinfool40.  I am interested in the axles that will fit my Raider 12 Wheel Horse.  I heard from another member and was told that I have a Wheel Horse 5071 transmission and that the part numbers for the rear axles are 7202 & 7203.  Please let me now what the price for the two axles are and how to go about completing the purchase

Thanks for the help.

Rod

rnsdoughty@comcast.net

Troutville, Va.