j main

Raider 10 6 speed tranny question

j main

Hello Guys

I had a little issue with my Raider 10 .I use it all the time to mow with. I was out mowing the other day

with it.When I started to go up a small incline .It acted like it didnt want to pull me.So I took it back up

to the house.And i pulled the dip stick out.Guess what no oil on the dip stick.So I went to Wal-mart and

bought some 80-90 gear lub I poured it in went and mowed with it no problem. What really got me was

I had just bought this mower last year off a lawn mower repair man .I dnt think he ever checked the tranny

fulid.Not good bussiness so I thought maybe it is leaking nope not a drop .Anyways it working fine now I could not beleave it when it was emptey he should have checked it all before I bought it .I learned my lesson

Take care guys

Jeff

rmaynard

Those Uni-Drives are tough little buggers. Not sure why it would bog down with no fluid unless things were getting hot, expanding, and starting to drag. In which case, I hope no damage was done. Keep and eye and ear on it. If you start hearing any unusual noises, you may have damaged bearings or other components. Good luck!

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Yah, what Bob said...what year is the Raider 10 ???  Being a 6 speed, it is probably a 10 pinion limited slip differential...lack of oil could very well make a difference...keep an eye on her.  :)  That differential needs oil to work, the pinions float in there. Drive it easy now for a while, and let the oil do it's thing.