Ed Kennell

520H becomes a cart

Ed Kennell

Golf cart ...that is.

post-7208-0-51123100-1404837860_thumb.jp

Complete with beverage holder, foot control (permits drinking while driving), and heater for the cold weather duffers.

post-7208-0-15766100-1404838082_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Theroundhousernr

I looked at the first picture and thought ... now if that just had a place to hold a beverage of choice, George Jones would be in tears right now. Then I went to the second picture and it all came together!! lol Great Job.

So I assume the hydraulic cylinder is for added stability and control when using the foot control to cut down on jerky movements?

Also like your heater. Might get so hot in there you may have to rig a flap or something to let some cold air in ... or open the door I guess... :icecream:

I am glad I am not the only one working on a cab in the middle of July. :ychain:  :laughing-rofl:

PS I also had fear of your 520 being turned into some kind of sulky when I read the title. That would be cruel and unusual punishment for a horse

Edited by Theroundhousernr
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

I like the new  :wh: sunshade Ed.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Desko

Nice every one on the greens will be jealous. Nice work :)

• Like 1

PaulC

that is pretty darn cool. best part is if you hit into rough that you think is a little to thick just flip the pto and turn it into a fairway :laughing-rofl:

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

I looked at the first picture and thought ... now if that just had a place to hold a beverage of choice, George Jones would be in tears right now. Then I went to the second picture and it all came together!! lol Great Job.

The beverage holder would have been the first addition to the cart, but I had to wait till I had an empty coffee  can that was the proper color. 

So I assume the hydraulic cylinder is for added stability and control when using the foot control to cut down on jerky movements?

That's correct...It also is the spring that moves the motion control lever to the rear.

Also like your heater. Might get so hot in there you may have to rig a flap or something to let some cold air in ... or open the door I guess... :icecream:

There was some concern of the windows fogging with the warm temp in the cab,  solution will be to open the flap in the rear canvas to create some air flow.

I am glad I am not the only one working on a cab in the middle of July. :ychain:  :laughing-rofl:

How's the new door coming on yours....get the canvas on yet?

Does your left door have a bump out pocket ? Can not figure out the purpose of it on mine.

PS I also had fear of your 520 being turned into some kind of sulky when I read the title. That would be cruel and unusual punishment for a horse

Never fear,  The original plan for the 520 was to  be the ultimate snow blowing machine.... now look , it's a snow blower, a mower  and a golf cart

Edited by ekennell

Ed Kennell

I like the new  :wh: sunshade Ed.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Yeah, I was amazed how well everything fit Craig. Once I realized the narrow tapered part of the roof went to the rear of the tractor.  I did make major mods to the canvas on the right front to fit my heat houser.

Ed Kennell

that is pretty darn cool. best part is if you hit into rough that you think is a little to thick just flip the pto and turn it into a fairway :laughing-rofl:

Rodney Dangerfield  would love this feature !!!    :ROTF:

• Like 1

squonk

Your going to need to put rear steering on it if you plan on keeping the greens nice and tidy!

• Like 1

varosd

"Quiet on the course  Quiet on the course..."

"what the heck is that lopey idle golf cart doing?!?" :rolleyes:

• Like 1