finally put the 60 inch deck on my c-160 auto, wow,, what a great cut

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:wwp:

:WRS:

• Like 1

cheesegrader

Admit it.

The sound and feel of that huge deck makes you grin.

You love it, and can't wait to do it again.

I know.

Welcome!

smoreau

I have to say that I love the cut on my 60" also! The yard looks great when I'm done cutting it!

Sparky

finally put the 60 inch deck on my c-160 auto, wow,, what a great cut

So was your C-160 retro-fitted with the swept axle from a 520?

:WRS:

Mike............

546cowboy

It would have to have the swept forward axle or you would need an acre to turn it. I've had two 520's with 60" decks and nothing cuts like them. How is the power from that Kohler with one of those monsters on there? Takes a lot of power to mow with one. I would be a little skeptical for the longevity of that 16. Those Onan's never slowed down with those big decks.

Edited by 546cowboy

Shuboxlover

This is very interesting to me....

Jrblanke

So uh....pictures? I know ya'll were thinking it....just sayin....

:D

userj8670

It would have to have the swept forward axle or you would need an acre to turn it. I've had two 520's with 60" decks and nothing cuts like them. How is the power from that Kohler with one of those monsters on there? Takes a lot of power to mow with one. I would be a little skeptical for the longevity of that 16. Those Onan's never slowed down with those big decks.

was wondering the same thing myself

Ken B

Ditto on that....

• Like 1

snowfighter

im trying to upload pictures the uploader on this site is telling me one megabite uploads the pics are 2 and thre  mb how can i fix this issue the tractor runs strong the steering isnt as bad as a one acre turn, but you do need mre radius to turn any help on the upload would be great

snowfighter

here they are

• Like 1

snowfighter

the pics are loaded up for the 60 inch deck

Aldon

Looks tight but good. You did not confirm if the 160 was modified to add wheel clearance. From the pics its hard to tell but it does not look so to me. So do you have any issues turning tight....any rubbing. Makes a nice mower set up for sure.

snowfighter

its not modified, the turn radius is reduced,althou its not bad, ive got 15 acres ,we dont let the grass get real tall,but it cuts really well, i put new bearings in all the spindles repainted the deck my mower for deeper grass is a bolens ht-20,i would like to get a 520 soon

userj8670

Does that 16 hp Kohler bog down at all with that deck ? Curious if it's powerful enough.

snowfighter

not bad, if you go thru 8-10 inch grass it starts to bog , althou we keep our lawn, around 4-6 inch to keep it green in the heat of summer ,il probably get a 520 next year, i heard these decks cut very well, i had the chance to buy this one it was a mess, its been sand blasted, new bearings installed, and all stainless nuts, bolts,the k341 thats in my c-160, was overhauled last season ,it didnt need it that bad ,but i like my equipment in good condition,the deck does cut great im really impressed

Jrblanke

Thank you for the pictures! That 161 looks awesome with that mower under it!

js5020

Interesting!  But whats the model of the tractor, I see the hydro control in the middle but none on the side, 161 stickers on the hood and 16 auto stickers on the side of the dash, and what looks to be an electric clutch, looks like a 16 auto?

Hodge71

I would say its a 1973 16 automatic with the wrong hood. If it was a 161 the gas tank would be under the seat and its clearly still under the hood. Theres a fuel shutoff on the left dash tower 

cheesegrader

That's a tight fit!

I'm surprised that the front tires don't rub.

It is a PIA to hook the 60" deck onto a 520 with the swept axle.

It must be brutal to get it in there!

Tankman

Wow! 1st, got to like the '73 16 Auto. Great Horse!

The 60" mower, geeze, great!

Not much turning but, considering the amount of green you cut, "Why not?"   :laughing-rofl:

The Kohler will certainly do the trick but, thinkin' it's sure to bog down. 

I would love the deck under my '90 520-8. The 20 hp Onan purrs like a Harley, not even a grunt, when mowin' with my 48" SD. I only have an acre to mow, always easy using a Stallion.

• Like 1

Tim Bergfeld

Lol I am getting scared when you talk about how tight that 60 inch is under a 520 that's what I am looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

snowfighter

the tractor is a c-160 auto with a different hood the other hood was smashed, i will get a 520 in the fall i have a Bolens HT-20 with the kohler k532 20 hp it really has the grunt you need but it doesnt cut nowhere near as well as the 60 on the horse,the 520 has an Onan am i correct? id like to have the kohler k532 instead, i dont know a whole lot about the onan

Wow! 1st, got to like the '73 16 Auto. Great Horse!

The 60" mower, geeze, great!

Not much turning but, considering the amount of green you cut, "Why not?"   :laughing-rofl:

The Kohler will certainly do the trick but, thinkin' it's sure to bog down. 

I would love the deck under my '90 520-8. The 20 hp Onan purrs like a Harley, not even a grunt, when mowin' with my 48" SD. I only have an acre to mow, always easy using a Stallion.

Lol I am getting scared when you talk about how tight that 60 inch is under a 520 that's what I am looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just lift the front end up with a hoist and slide the deck under much easier

That's a tight fit!

I'm surprised that the front tires don't rub.

It is a PIA to hook the 60" deck onto a 520 with the swept axle.

It must be brutal to get it in there!

yep i use a hoist to lift the front end up the tires rub a little when you turn but if you slow down on the turn its not really bad ill get a 520 in the fall

you like photos, thank you i had a lot of labor rehab the deck but its a great cut ill get a 520 in the fall