whtractors24

NOS whel horse 420 LSE

AMC RULES

I hope you get it Jason...

I wanna go for a ride.   :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rexman72

HMMMMMM 6000 could get me into a nice used 4x4 tractor with a front end loader.

• Like 3

whtractors24

Well got the phone call back today last year guy told me 5500 he wanted 6 though I offered him a solid 5k even he turned it down .

• Sad 1

maxed500

time to walk away

• Like 2

whtractors24

And I did I said it's on the inter etc people know and that's why it's been there since 1984 and I left it at that's my offer its on the table take or leave it you got my number and he walked away it will sit there till he dies.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Probably.... and on his estate auction it will probably fetch $10K because the auctioneer will bill it and sell it as the NOS rare piece it is.. :rolleyes:  What did that NOS Raider bring a couple years ago?  $3500 or something? And that wasn't even stored in a climate controlled environment.

• Like 1

6wheeler

Plus, if the pics are correct? The hour meter shows 0000.02. If I understand that right? 2 tenths of an hour. Meaning, it HAS been ran. Or did those tenths just appear. Hmmm, I don't think so. So, I would call it used. Now go lowball him..........

• Like 1

fireman

The  .2 hours is because every tractor i'm sure was test run at the factory.

• Like 2

buckrancher

Plus, if the pics are correct? The hour meter shows 0000.02. If I understand that right? 2 tenths of an hour. Meaning, it HAS been ran. Or did those tenths just appear. Hmmm, I don't think so. So, I would call it used. Now go lowball him..........

all tractors were tested  at the factory just having the key on runs the hour meter

so no it has not been run at the dealers

Brian

• Like 1

JackC

The 420LSE is a great piece of Wheel Horse history but personally, I would get the color pictures of the 420LSE that are still available (I do have a set), frame them, and put them on the wall (have not done that yet).  If I wanted a chromed out Wheel Horse I would re do a 520H with a custom seat and lots of chrome just like a 420LSE and I would use it and enjoy it. jmho

• Like 2

ericj

the reason the 420LSE cost 6 or 7 grand new was because of all the chrome and the leather seat. how much do you think it cost to chrome up a 520 ? i think it would be costly maybe not 6 grand worth but costly

just my 2 cents worth

eric j 

• Like 1

buckrancher

chrome ? I priced having two 8" rims and two 12 rims done and it was $800.00 plus tax

Brian

• Like 1

520HC

I'd pay $5500 in a heartbeat if it was closer to me, and I already have  a 420LSE. The Dealer near me wants $7000  for his NOS last time I asked him about it. If you want Wheel Horse history this is it. Only model with 20 HP Kohler Magnum Engine.

• Like 3

stevebo

Well the good news is he is coming down... about 5 years ago he told me the price was $6500 and not a penny less. I asked if $6000 would buy it and he said no. I guess the value is decreasing ... lol  :ychain:

• Like 2

papaglide

I am glad that the fella is coming down to reality? I am leaning toward the rotting part of me.(see my previous post).

• Haha 1

AMC RULES

I'm betting it will sell very soon.   :teasing-poke:  

• Like 1

fireman

Heck you could have had my Senior for $4000. Now that's Wheel Horse history!!!

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Don't think I'm not regretting that everyday Jeff.   :eusa-doh: 

• Like 1

Shuboxlover

Heck you could have had my Senior for $4000. Now that's Wheel Horse history!!!

IF I was gonna drop 4 g's on a horse....it would no doubt be a SENIOR!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Shuboxlover
  • Like 1

cottonswheelhorse

new too site I have  a 420 lse # 132 if anyone is interested 931 258 3409 call after 6 pm

• Like 1

KATO

Try posting it in the classified section....you will have better luck.

and :text-welcomewave:  to :rs:

Edited by KATO
  • Like 2

DoctorHfuhruhurr

He should have sold it ages ago because he's been losing money ever since.  He's obviously never heard of inflation.  

$6000 in 1986 = $13,023.72 today 

Bureau of Labor Statistics inflation calculator   http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

• Like 5

boovuc

I agree with fireman! A nice running Pond Sr. with a hood or a restored Pond Sr. with a hood is more valuable and collectible to me than that "made to be collectible" 400 series tractor with lipstick.

Would I turn one down at a nice price.................no! But my God! 5K, 6K or more? I think the gentleman just enjoys the attention and he is getting it.

Can you say "Tractor Envy"? Sure you can!

• Like 1

MalMac

It might have been a special tractor but when you get down to it had nothing special on it Mechanically. Maybe the engine was a one timer. Other than that it was all cosmetic. I have a NOS GT 14 that was given to my Granddad when he was a dealer. He was in some kind of a dealer contest sponsored by Wheel Horse. He was awarded a special plak given to him from C. Pond himself and one of the new GT 14's. He never started it. Before it was crated up he had his Pic taken on it at the factory. They crated it up and sent it to him. We still have it, never been started. I could never sell it, but if I did I could not ask that kind of money for it. Heck the tires are dry rotted and belts dry rot to. Actually time just sitting has not been kind to it. Would not surpise me if all the seals in it are rotten to. Myself I just don't see what's so special about that tractor to warrant that kind of money.

• Like 3

Ken B

I agree with fireman! A nice running Pond Sr. with a hood or a restored Pond Sr. with a hood is more valuable and collectible to me than that "made to be collectible" 400 series tractor with lipstick.

Would I turn one down at a nice price.................no! But my God! 5K, 6K or more? I think the gentleman just enjoys the attention and he is getting it.

Can you say "Tractor Envy"? Sure you can!

No, he doesn't enjoy the attentiom. I'm sure he doesn't even know he is getting it. His price is fair, he only wants what he was selling them for when new. After seeing Brian's 420 I now know they are a bit more than lipstick on a 400.  Yes ,the 420 was meant to be a special tractor from day one, they cut no corners when building them and they totally nailed it. You need to see an NOS 420 like Brian's to fully appreciate them, that is what did it for me. We all have our favorites, some guys would spend 4 k on a Senior while there are others that would rather spend it on an NOS 420, if they can find one at that price.

• Like 3