whtractors24

NOS whel horse 420 LSE

whtractors24

So as many of you guys here know that there is #61 of 200 wheel horse 420lse never started 0 hours here in ct but its missing the deck , and the guy has all the chrome wheels and mule drive. I been going back and forth a few times this year with the guy. He was a little higher on the price that I wished to pay.:/ I contacted him Saturday and he is getting back to me on Monday I hope to have this in my living room. I will be looking at it in the way to the show Thursday.

1 question what do you think would happen if i ran fuel with no ethanol and started this machine? Would it leak or do you think it would all be fine 28 years later?

Edited by jason.c

boovuc

I don't think it would leak. But why would you start it? Your paying through the nose for a museum piece. The uniqueness of this machine is that no time has been placed on the tractor. The second you spark that fuel in the motor, you might as well have dug a hole in your yard and thrown money in it.

I don't want to talk down to you Jason and please don't take it as that but unless you have money to burn as in your a former top ranking VA Hospital Manager, a CEO or CFO to a bailed-out bank or automotive corporation, why would you want to run it? (Just know that it will run because there isn't any reason why it shouldn't run).

Gun collectors pay through their bloodied fingers to acquire a weapon that is NIB and NBF and they will never ever fire them. That is their niche, their claim to fame! Just like this tractor has NBF. Do you see where I'm coming from?

PS.....I have bought new cars that depreciate as soon as you title it let along put the first mile on it but that new car isn't a collector's car already nor is it old. 

• Like 6

Ken B

I'd never pay that much money for a tractor if I had to push the friggin thing around to avoid putting any time on it. Most people that spend that much money on a tractor want to know that it does run and operate. I'd be willing to bet not too many other guys wanna push the friggin thing around either! This might explain why it still sits there because alot of guys that know about the tractor have the money to buy it. I'm sure that if you buy it, it won't be parked in your living room for long so ya probably don't wanna start it. I'm not too sure tractor collectors are as anal as gun collectors, I hope not....

• Like 3

JackC

I don't think I would start it.  I assume the engine has oil in it and I would turn the engine over by hand and maybe fog the cylinders with storage / fogging oil.  Zero hours is zero hours and once that changes it is used and no longer a virgin if there is such a thing for a tractor?

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

whtractors24

He was at 6k then in the 5k I'd pay 4k. Some of you guys would call me crazy but Rickv 1957 actually had it on hold few years back for 6000

Edited by jason.c
  • Like 1

rexman72

hmmm very interesting topic

• Like 1

oneroadkingman

that's a little bit much for me but if you got that kind of cash who cares.

• Like 2

buckrancher

I'd never pay that much money for a tractor if I had to push the friggin thing around to avoid putting any time on it.

I would'nt push it around ether

Brian

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

I think we saw pictures of that one before posted here. What a machine.

• Like 3

rexman72

I guess I am missing something.These are work tractors made to work not sit there.There value doesn't go up  like a house.

• Like 1

smoreau

Fire it up. Put a deck on it and start enjoying it!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

varosd

that's the one in Danbury, CT? 

there was some pictures/topic threads of it in years past. 

Certainly just to speculate...this is a rare one and not some NOS REO in a shipping crate. 

I wonder if they will still engrave your name on the chrome hood name plate thingy?

• Like 1

whtractors24

I don't believe they will the old man who owns the dealer is old and has some health issues it says specially made for west end power equip.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Pour the fuel to it Jason...

and put fire in the hole.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

:wwp: 

• Like 3

stevebo

You mean this one? lol  

This tractor does not even have water in the battery either. 

I am with Ken on this one. WAY TOO much $$ for that machine. 

post-734-0-60755000-1402860010_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-06458500-1402860019_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-16422900-1402860027_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-26332000-1402860035_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-63125000-1402860042_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-01485100-1402860050_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-12816900-1402860066_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

whtractors24

What a gem steve!

• Like 1

Martin

pity the dealer didn't store it with the same enthusiasm that they have for its rarity and price. how much effort would it have taken to cover it properly to keep the dust off it while sitting there all this time?

reminds me of the ones you find outside in the weather that the owner won't let go for a fair price. won't look after them, won't let somebody else save them, just let them sit until they have lost most of their value, but still want top dollar like they just rolled off the production line.....

• Like 4

stevebo

In fairness to the dealer it is stored in a nice dry location inside the dealer surrounded by John Deere Tractors.... 

• Like 1

whtractors24

Well seeing how I pulled up the Toro dealer portal at work yesterday and the msrp on that unit was 7999 without a deck in the 80s that's equivalent to 12 or better now..

• Like 2

papaglide

I really have mixed feelings regarding this tractor.

Part of me says screw the old guy! He's stupid for just letting it sit there. Let him have his tractor and I hope it rots into a steamy pile of crap right where he left it.

The other part of me says you must do all things possible to get that tractor out of that hell hole and to its place of nirvana; out and about cutting grass and having fun like it was meant to do!

• Like 1

whtractors24

I give you that Steve it's indoors tempature controlled area. I still haven't found out if they put fuel I it it has .02 on the meter I know they run them before they leave the factory.

Also he is no longer a Toro dealer..

Johndeere as said above

IF IT'S NOT RED IT'S DEAD:)

• Like 1

fireman

The problem is Jason, once you buy that and try to sell it in 6 months or less, there won't be any buyers for it unless your willing to take a loss. Most people don't have that kind of cash. Once you put fuel in it and run it, the value goes down buy $1000. The money is in the fact it's never been run. SO if your independently wealthy and moneys not a problem then go for it and have a blast. If your gonna buy it and plan on selling it in the near future it's a losing proposition. I could have bought that tractor at any time but for the reasons stated above I passed on it.

• Like 1

whtractors24

Jeff I hear u a and I'm sick of playing the find me a nice machine game even at my dealer there getting scarce more and more I'm going to start getting them and stocking them.

• Like 1

maxed500

get it.  at 4k its half price with 0 hrs.  Would anybody buy a 2014 wheel horse 400 series with a 20 kohler for $4000, (additional for deck), if not, that is the very reason Toro will not make them again.  a 725 Deere starts at $11500, My exmark Z turn 25hp, 60" was $9000 14 years ago, and the 25hp Simplicity Legacy top model is $19,000 (ebay pricing for new simplicity not sure if accurate).  If you Get it to mow with, enjoy it, but you prob. won't make money on reselling.

What is the reason for the .2 hours on the meter?

• Like 1

Docwheelhorse

Skip it.... yah its a 420 LSE.... big deal. In the end its just a 400 series tractor with some chrome and a leather seat. The chrome on the mule drive is beat, it has 2" of dust on it and I can't tell---but is this a Kohler series 1 without an oil pump or did the Magnums have a pump and maybe a filter. 

Plus being a Hydro you CAN'T roll it around with any ease....

Up to you but if I had $4000 I would find the tractor I really wanted and rebuild it front to back and run it and come nowhere near the $4k.

Just my thoughts.... 

One last thought---if I had the ability to buy the tractor I "want" a "Virgin" GT1600 8 Speed you bet your rear it would be fueled and running around the shows. Whats the point of parking it in basement and ending up dead in the end and never enjoying it.

Tony

• Like 1