josullivanjr

12 Step Program for New Addicts?

josullivanjr

I have heard folks say that with their first drink they knew they were in trouble. That is how I am feeling about recent foray into the wheel horse tractors. I will admit that I am a sucker for elegant mechanical designs which are a perfect blend of mechanical simplicity, efficienty and durability. Not since working on my old diesel mercedes many, many years ago have I been this impressed. The combination of the incredible designforum information, and the many manuals made available by you folks online I have been able to quickly understand the C145 I recently bought.

It came with a rototiller which I had to remove after using it and install the rear hitch and the mower deck. I had no experience with mules etc but everything I needed to know was readily available. Needed a belt. No problem. You folks had a post that helped me find my model number, belt part number, and ultimiately size. 

The one thing I haven't seen is the list of where the Wheel Horse addicts meet. I don't want to end up like so many others on this forum with a garage full of wheel horses. My wife would divorce me and then all I would be doing is buying and fixing Wheel Horse tractors. Hmmm. Let me think about this some more

Joe

Brentwood NH>

• Like 2

Dhodge

I am not sure if it is an addiction or a sickness. Still trying to figure this out 22-23 tractors later

Tankman

I haven't had twenty Horses, maybe over time I did. Who's counting?

Sons, grandsons, even the Ms. loved mowin'.  Maybe just the riding around, relaxed.

Lawns were always well kept. Snow was never a problem.

One day after my two sons were teens (now in their 40's), neighbor said to me, "I don't want to get involved but, your sons drag race your Wheel Horses down the road when you're not home." I told him, "Oh well."

To this day, 'bout 40 years, still admiring the Stallions. Don't you just laugh, tickled, when you see a purchase goin' down in a BIG box store?

Enjoy your Stallion! Many more to come, one to till, one to sweep, one to mow, one to tow, another to push, one or a dozen "work in progress."

Are gnats really the New Hampshire Air Force?   :laughing-rofl:

Got to go check Craig's List, Wheel Horse of course!

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

Tankman

I haven't had twenty Horses, maybe over time I did. Who's counting?

Sons, grandsons, even the Ms. loved mowin'.  Maybe just the riding around, relaxed.

Lawns were always well kept.

One day after my two sons were teens (now in their 40's), neighbor said to me, "I don't want to get involved but, your sons drag race your Wheel Horses down the road when you're not home." I told him, "Oh well."

To this day, 'bout 40 years, still admiring the Stallions. Don't you just laugh, tickled, when you see a purchase goin' down in a BIG box store?

Enjoy your Stallion! Many more to come, one to till, one to sweep, one to mow, one to tow, another to push, one or a dozen "work in progress."

Are gnats really the New Hampshire Air Force?   :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

prondzy

The 12 step program... Step 1 buy tractor, step 2 buy tractor, step 3 buy.....wait i think there are more than 12 steps... Good thing Im only at step 9

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

56flatbed

I have heard folks say that with their first drink they knew they were in trouble. That is how I am feeling about recent foray into the wheel horse tractors. I will admit that I am a sucker for elegant mechanical designs which are a perfect blend of mechanical simplicity, efficienty and durability. Not since working on my old diesel mercedes many, many years ago have I been this impressed. The combination of the incredible designforum information, and the many manuals made available by you folks online I have been able to quickly understand the C145 I recently bought.

It came with a rototiller which I had to remove after using it and install the rear hitch and the mower deck. I had no experience with mules etc but everything I needed to know was readily available. Needed a belt. No problem. You folks had a post that helped me find my model number, belt part number, and ultimiately size. 

The one thing I haven't seen is the list of where the Wheel Horse addicts meet. I don't want to end up like so many others on this forum with a garage full of wheel horses. My wife would divorce me and then all I would be doing is buying and fixing Wheel Horse tractors. Hmmm. Let me think about this some more

Joe

Brentwood NH>

Joe, I think you misunderstand WH 12 step program.   It's 12 horses in 12 months. :laughing-rofl:

Foozerush

My name is Gregg..... And I am an addict... Started with one, and now I'm up to three.... The urge to say no to number four is not working.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

We will meet on June 20 and 21, 2014. Come be part of the fun.

papaglide

Van, I really wish that I could be there!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:wwp:

:WRS:

josullivanjr

One strategy I am considering is committing to having an even number of tractors whenever I own an odd number and odd number when I own an even. That way I'll only by one more. Isn't that the motto? One more at a time? Unless I buy 3. Or 5. Hmmm. I have to think about this more. I just made my teeth hurt. That's not easy to do Here in NH where teeth are pretty scarce.

Wheel-N-It

Van, I really wish that I could be there!

I wish you could too Mike. Is next year a possibility?

• Like 1

papaglide

Hopefully but I am not sure, it's bad timing for me. I coach modified hockey and our games are Saturdays and or Sundays. I will just have to wait and see the schedule for next year.