neil

Finally arrived in US from Great Britain for the big show

squonk

Skyping with Steve is an experience all in it's own. You should try it a few hours after waking up from surgery!  :)  :thumbs:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

rmaynard

Another WOW, 2 New York bagels , 2 latte coffees 1 choc chip muffin $35.00

You will find that the food and coffee at the WHCC show is much more reasonable. That same $35.00 will feed you all weekend.

• Like 1

squonk

Another WOW, 2 New York bagels , 2 latte coffees 1 choc chip muffin $35.00

Did you have the pleasure of standing in line waiting for it as well?  :)

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Sure he did...   :auto-swerve: 

the Crossroads of the World is a busy intersection.

post-3498-0-66064400-1402755318_thumb.jp

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Neil...looks like I saved you some money last night by Skyping through dinner.  :)   Great chatting with you guys.

• Like 2

Brrly1

See ya soon Neil, keep an eye on Steve especially if following. YIKES!!!

• Like 3

neil

Well I have now arrived at Michael Martino's house, & what a wonderful family he has & he has made us feel so welcome and at home.

Had a bit of a scary time in New York City yesterday morning . I woke up at 4 am as I am still in UK mode which is 6 hours ahead of US

time. I went to get a coffee at the all nite Deli shop ,when it came out of the shop I heard lots of shouting outside an all nite drug store when all of a sudden this guy fell to the ground and was beaten & robbed by two other dudes. A little concerned I stood my distance until the police arrived , without going into too much detail, the guy that was attacked actually died twice and was resuscitated twice before being taken off to hospital , while alive at the time I later discover that the guy died from his head injuries.post-2119-0-00951700-1402940485_thumb.jppost-2119-0-38662200-1402940546_thumb.jp

Now I didn't expect to get involved in a murder case when I visited New York

stevasaurus

Holy Cow Neil...talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time!! :bow-blue:   Hopefully you just witness some road rage after this.  "Get on the right side of the road you pelican".  :ychain:   From Crocodile Dundee.  :)

• Like 2

neil

And to top it all, the same morning I was approached by one of those sort of guys you know that bat for the other team , if you know what I mean.

What a morning.

• Like 3

squonk

And to top it all, the same morning I was approached by one of those sort of guys you know that bat for the other team , if you know what I mean.

What a morning.

:ROTF:

Sparky

What a morning.

You mean a John Deere collector :ychain:  ?

Mike.........

• Like 3

neil

We call these kind of guys teapots post-2119-0-08636900-1402952913.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

It is good that you escaped from New York...with out getting pregnant.  :ychain::)

• Like 3

Marv

Neil,

Welcome to the country. Sorry you had to be welcomed with the New York "thingy". Enjoy the show, you surely will not be disappointed. I had hopes of going this year too. Wanted to meet you.

Marvin

• Like 1

neil

We set sail for the show today( weds) & hope to do some sightseeing along the way.

We spent all day yesterday getting the Mikes trailer loaded and we also carried out mammoth taste of preparing all 200 of the special edition books.

Let me tell you, the amount of work that goes into getting these books ready is just staggering , I don't how anyone could consider the price of the book to be too high ,if they new what work went into them.

Mike

Myself

Mikes daughter

Carolyn, my wife. Spent 6 hours solid preparing each bookpost-2119-0-98887100-1403085978_thumb.jppost-2119-0-78676300-1403086038_thumb.jp

When the book preparation work was done ,it was time for some fun & get the trailer loaded

post-2119-0-85698500-1403086379_thumb.jppost-2119-0-95926100-1403086422_thumb.jp

post-2119-0-21158900-1403086770_thumb.jp

nylyon

Great pictures!  But.....  I was kinda looking for for the Clam picture :)

meadowfield

awesome pics Neil  :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

boovuc

I doubt your trip south from New York State will take you through the middle of Central Pennsylvania and our mountains but you will most likely come down through the Poconos which is pretty country too.

Sorry you saw first hand what most American cities have degraded into.

I wish I would have had the time this year to get to the show but it isn't looking as though I'll make it. (Only a two hour trip from here). I would have liked to meet you, Neil. Stay safe and I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in the states.

nylyon

I think in that last picture Neil is saying "Finally a steering wheel where it's SUPPOSED to be"

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:woohoo:   Michael...   :text-datsphatyo: 

is nice to see I'm not the only one with tractors in the house. 

:teasing-poke: Glad to hear you didn't switch teams Neil.   :romance-grouphug:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

rmaynard

What a morning.

This, and your previous post are only a few reasons why the wife and I stay away from the big city. I know it can happen anywhere, but why increase the chance?

See you soon. Packing the truck now for the 6:00 am departure tomorrow. [emoji796]

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

squonk

I know what you mean about cities. My wife had to wait by herself at a car rental place for my son in Buffalo a couple of weeks ago. It was terrifying to say the least.

AMC RULES

My wife won't ride through Newburgh with the windows down, doors unlocked...

is truly, an unfortunate sign of the times.    :kbutt: