Gunny

310-8 has had a long trip

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Gunny. Nice find. Especially in the lone star state.

Glenn

Dhodge

Nice little rig. I got its twin, but it has led a little rougher life

woodchuckfarmer

Good score ,it looks like right off the showroom floor.

stratostar250

What a nice 310-8! That thing is in such good condition!  :eek:  Looks to be a 1986 with the Kohler K series motor and the red stickers! Same as mine! A real tough machine, enjoy it!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

Yes sir...    :text-bravo: 

you done good Gunny. 

leeave96

Nice looking tractor! You'll like that 36 inch deck!

Foozerush

Nice!! I got one about 4 weeks ago, '89 model. Got 3 mowings on her and totally happy with it. 8y3y5usy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slammer302

I have the tiller hooked up to mine great machineu9yju4a6.jpg

Gunny

Thanks all.  As with a lot of folks down in Texas, Louisiana, etc these machines are few and far between at a reasonable price and in good shape.  This was meant to be, the original owner's first name was Dennis.  Some might have purchased their WH at the same place...Pristow's Sales and Service, Johnstown,PA.  The owner traded in a C-81, got 1500.00 for the C-81 on trade in, and paid 985.00 and walked away with this.  The history on some of these machines are very interesting.  It's a hobby, until you find the next one........

• Like 1

papaglide

Very nice tractor and the history/personal story is very awesome. Thanks for sharing Gunny!

Edited by papaglide

boovuc

Nice Gunny! Those older 310's with the K series are set up better electrically than the newer Magnum-powered ones.

Gee! With all the Texas plates running everywhere around the middle of Pennsylvania with the Marcellus Shale/Gas Fracking here, you should be able to get a few of our horses back to the Lone Star State quite easy. Especially with the size of some of their pickup trucks!

I passed two Texas plates going to WalMart after work and saw one in the parking lot! All these guys are gas industry workers.

leeave96

Nice Gunny! Those older 310's with the K series are set up better electrically than the newer Magnum-powered ones.

Gal-dang it, you done got my curiosity up. Aside from points vs solidstate ignition, how is the K-series electrically better?

Wheel-N-It

Hey Gunny, nice setup! Are you going to the Big Show this year?

boovuc

The 310 with the Magnums use a Non-regulated 2 or 3 amp charging system. Basically an in-line diode that is susceptible to all kinds of issues over time verses the old tried and true 15 amp regulated power that most Wheel Horse Tractors used over the years.

Sorry Gunny! I should have elaborated!