Theroundhousernr

Look at my Birthday present....

Theroundhousernr

Well the girlfriend came to pick me up at work since we are short a vehicle from the PA hail storm. When she drives up I see a Raider 10 in the bed of the truck! She saw me looking at it on craigslist. It was listed with a plow , blower and deck. But when I called , he said it was sold.....

Turns out the person he sold it to was her :woohoo: . Totally through me off, Ill tell you. Not many girlfriends out there that will buy you a tractor lol. And here I thought she was thinking I had to many.... She said, I like the older ones , with the older hoods. Yours are to new looking. So then she saw an RJ today and now I guess we need one of them too :laughing-rofl: . Oh well, I guess this gives me the right to buy some more :ychain: .

Only issues with it is, it leaks fuel out of the fuel shut off mounted on the hood stand. Only when the fuel is turned on. Can I replace seals in this or buy a new one like it to mount there or do I just have to eliminate it with a new plastic type??

Second issue is the starter went south. It flew apart on the guy she bought it from when he was starting it. Now I have broken pieces. The starter motor is good but not the gear drive bendix. Any one know where to find a starter for a 10 horse Tecumseh?? No one local has one.... I showed the starter to Bill Jenkins and he said he never saw one like it. It has a heavy cast iron mounting bracket that uses two bolts to mount to the block. He told me , it was the first time he saw one like it. Hope that's not a bad sign....

We would love to be able to take this to the tractor show this weekend in bowers pa. We did however kick start it by towing it behind the 520H and it ran and drove really nice actually. So that was a plus.

Here are some pictures for you guys.....

pyryde6a.jpg

upumygat.jpg

tatudu3y.jpg

Edited by Theroundhousernr
  • Like 7

Theroundhousernr

Anything original about that seat? It looks old but I have never seen one.

neil

If your girlfriend is buying you tractors ,maybe you should go down on one knee & say a big thank you, sounds like she is wonderful girlfriend to have .

The seat is not an original type, it's looks comfy but I personally prefer the original look

WH nut

What a good girl, Keep her.

Tankman

Nice Raider! Great gal too!

Careful, you may be getting setup! "Hey handsome could you do me a big favor? My mom's lawn needs mowin' and she's not feelin' too great."

Go ahead! Mow away!

"Hey, while the Horse is in the truck, my sister-in-law's lawn needs a quick cut and she's been busy working.

Her house isn't too far from mom's."

The list goes on 'n on. A lot of folks'll take advantage of a Horse-a-holic!  :laughing-rofl:

AMC RULES

Great girl...

nice  :wh: ...

:occasion-birthdaymulticolor:

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

Thanks Guys, I really am lucky. A friend of mine jokes and says if your not marrying her, I will. We both like the look of this one the way it is. So it will not be restored but rather cleaned up and returned to original. Anyone know whether you can buy a fuel shut off valve like what is on it or does it need to be by passed ? 

GlenPettit

"A friend of mine jokes and says if your not marrying her, I will. We both like the look of this one the way it is. So it will not be restored but rather cleaned up . . . "  are you talking about your girl or the tractor????

Valve and starter are still available.

Will be lots at the the big Wheel Horse show in Biggerville this June 20, 21 - nearly 1,000 Wheel Horses + 3,000 collectors, and it's free.

Wheel-N-It

That tractor is nice and your girlfriend is even nicer. I'd say she's a keeper!

• Like 1

scWHhauler

She is a keeper

• Like 2

SousaKerry

You may be able to pull the valve apart and replace the o-ring but I can't remember if you can on that style or not.   Put a want add on the starter, I never saw one with a casting most are stamped steel but then again my experience with techys  is limited to small blocks.

smoreau

She got any sisters??

• Like 4

stevasaurus

Excellent story...thanks for sharing.  We should be able to fix you up at the show or figure something out...make sure you bring the starter...and your girl friend...I want her to meet my wife.  :)

• Like 2

AMC RULES

She got any sisters??

The girl... :hilarious: 

...or the horse? 

• Like 1

smoreau

Both!!!!!

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh: Nice tractor. But I am going to put in a plug in for the older F/Body with those Wheels and Rims. never get rid of those rims they are $$$$ big $$$$. sorry for the non wheel horse post. Gary   B......

Digger 66

She got any sisters??

X-2  :roll:

Theroundhousernr

Thanks for all the comments and help. I let my Girlfriend read this and she had a good laugh. And I am definitely talking about the tractor and not her . lol She does have a sister but she is spoken for and lives in costa rica.

I have a starter on the way, which I am hoping to be here, thanks to a member on RS, before the show!  So hopefully it will make it to bowers and we have plans set aside to be at the big show next week also. So Maybe I can meet some of you.

And T1257, The truck was my Grandfathers and it will not be going anywhere in my lifetime , neither will the rims. I didn't know they where anything special though.

Kyle

jackhammer

2 great deals  - - > the girlfriend and the horse

Don1977

The next question is: Does she own a fishing boat and motor? If so you better marry her quick. :ychain:

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Maybe at the big  :wh: show.   :) 

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

So I worked on the techy raider 10 today. . I started with the power washing. I then ran it some to get it warm and pulled the drain plug........ :omg: . I never seen oil so thick. I had to poke the drain tube with a screw driver to get the oil to come out. :jaw:

I have never seen oil that thick. I can not believe this thing does not smoke or even tap a bit. I guess techy's are pretty tough after all. I flushed it out with a half quart of fresh oil and then filled her up. WOW

Then I checked the air filter. Another first. This must be when K&N air filters started. This is what is called redneck high flow air filter. I made sure not to blow on it to hard with my air compressor as to not damage the paper element. :laughing-rolling:

e9aqedah.jpg

mu3e5ara.jpg

y6a2aty5.jpg

Edited by Theroundhousernr

jdleach

I like that air filter, great flow-thru design. Should block many bugs, house pets, and furry woodland creatures.

• Like 1

KATO

Try searching "hh100 starter " on e-bay  theres a green one on there now ... its the same as my

two hh100s might be the same as yours.

Theroundhousernr

A very nice member has took care of that problem for me already but thanks Kato :happy-jumpeveryone:

I put a temporary fuel shut off on it for now till I can get a new valve. I took the old valve apart and found the O ring . But not sure where I would get a new one....