Dieselcowboy

Brinly corn planter purchased

Dieselcowboy

Haven't found any topics on these planters on this site. Wanted to share mine. Looked for years and when they would come up for sale they were to far away, I was out of money or I just plain couldn't find one. I Was at the Portland tri state swap meet last week and there was one there for sale. Took me three days to work a deal with the owner but finally got one! I know I over paid but Can't win every deal every time. This one is basically mint condition with non rusted out cans and it even has a row marker. Think I'll make my 753 my new planter tractor. Sweet corn here I come !

post-6454-0-93397200-1400641040_thumb.jp

• Like 4

KC9KAS

Nice find!

Love corn on the cob cooked on the grill!

shorts

Nice find

Tankman

Very nice planter! Sweet corn for all, thanks in advance!   :laughing-rofl:

Dieselcowboy

Of course I've never seen one used or used one myself so if any of you know what your doing with these planters please toss up the helpful hints. Depth, speed, where to get fertilizer if needed. Bulk seed

jwl

good job you got one of the older models. I guess the first place to start is if you got any plates, since they don't make them any more and you cant plant much with them. If you got a corn plate you can phone/write Brinly and they will have a manual that they will send you to set the planting rates and has other info in it. all you need for fert is some 13/13/13 that you can get at most home centers. Same with the bulk seed. it takes a lot less seed and fert than one would think to get a good stand.

Dieselcowboy

From what I can gather I have a kk-200 model. Is one better than another?  The seed plate says peanut on the bottom of it which looks like it should plant large corn. I think it will work for sweet corn also. 

Any idea of a time period of when these were made? 60's 70's? 

jwl

its not the size of the seed, its also the number of cells in the plate. The corn plate only has 6 or 8, the peanut one have like 20. This will screw up the spacing and the seed drop rate. you need a manual to tell what the rate would be and maybe you can slow it down. I've had some luck with putting silicon in the cells to change the spacings.

Dieselcowboy

A few pics from the big day. Wow this thing will plant way more corn than I need in a hurry!

post-6454-0-38052200-1401070414_thumb.pn

post-6454-0-36848200-1401070448_thumb.pn

post-6454-0-86367500-1401070473_thumb.pn

post-6454-0-37002100-1401070505_thumb.pn

post-6454-0-73242500-1401070524_thumb.pn

• Like 2

smoreau

Looking GOOD!!