dells68

Good buy on a Charger 10?

dells68

Hey guys,  I saw this listed locally on craigslist.  It would be a couple hours each way for me to drive, but the pics look pretty good.  01717_ga9LNnUR393_600x450.jpgThey're wanting $425 for it.  Is a charger worth that much?  I really don't know values because there are so few in our area.  I'd thought of buying it to resell or maybe keep, but I'm afraid the price is a little high.  Any opinions?

rmaynard

Looks nice, but it has a Tecumseh engine. Not as valuable in my opinion as the later 1972 with a Kohler. I sold my '72 Charger 10 last year for $225.00.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Dells, I have to agree with Bob on his comment. Imho that engine is a dud.

Glenn

dells68

Thanks guys!  Just the info. I was looking for.  I wasn't sure about the engine, but if it's a tecumseh, I'll pass.  My dad has a newer troy built tiller with a tecumseh and I hate the way it runs - idles like crap!  I'm hoping to come to the show next month.  Maybe I'll find something there a little more reasonable.  Prices tend to be higher down this way due to the low number of them around.  Thanks again!

slammer302

If your wanting it for your self and it runs good and mows good I'd say talk him down and go for it but there is no money to be made on it

Trouty56

How far into VA are you located??  I had a Charger 10 with a Tecumseh engine...it ran great.  I still have parts of it....in a frankentractor.  Honestly you should be able to find a tractor at a better price...with headlights....and if a hydro it better have a hydraulic lift. 

dells68

Hey Bob,  I live in Southwest VA.  The tractor is in western NC.  I think I'll wait and look for one with a kohler.  I like the looks of the late 60's and early 70's tractors as my grandad and I used to ride his hydro to the local country store when I was a kid.  I was about 4 driving the tractor and he rode in a WH dump cart (my parents still have it in pretty good shape - just needs a paint job!).  Looking back, he was awfully brave!  I've got my little one two suburbans (one in another thread here) like the one my grandad mowed with.  He never liked the way the later tractor mowed.  We just used it to ride to the garden and around to the store and he kept his rj to mow with.  He sold them about a year or two before he died.  I wish he would have given me a chance on them, but they were gone before I knew what was going on!

• Like 1