stevasaurus

Push/Pull B-100

Retired Wrencher

If you need any measurements, let me know Ed.  One thing is for sure...it is so easy to push a trailer anywhere you want, rather then try to back it up from the rear hitch.  You will love having one. 

I Know the feeling there Steve. I sold my Trophy this year and it was a bit of a pain getting it into the garage. I had lines on the floor to help.  Just missing the man cave refrigerator [full of cold ones] buy inches.The lines really help there that was the only way. Nice set up. Enjoy put a pick of the Trophy that I had.

Boat on the river.png

Rear shot of boat on the river.png

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair

@stevasaurus inspired me to try to make a front hitch. 

I needed to practice welding anyway, so this was a good project to start on. I left the front of mine square, as it may serve a dual purpose, I haven't decided. My welds aren't pretty, but they are strong. I had some trouble fitting it on the mid and front attach points, it was about a 16th too long. I was beating on it with a 5 pound sledge trying to bend it, and the welds held. I did finally get it to bend just barely enough to work.

It started to rain as I finished, so the only tractor I could fit it on is the 520H buried in the tent. 

hitch.thumb.JPG.b350d09d8a1172f9e4f31f32hitch2.thumb.JPG.dee67e4dae935c9c95ccd5b

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

Brian, that looks fantastic.  I think the welds look pretty good.  :)

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Brian, that looks fantastic.  I think the welds look pretty good. 

Thanks, I'm definitely getting better. Some of those were vertical, and I had never welded vertically. 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Looks good Brian.  Burn about 1/2 lb of wire on vertical and you'll be ready to run overhead.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Had to modify the hitch, it hit the trailer tongue when I turned.  I didn't feel like drilling another 5/8" hole for the ball again, so I cheated. 

hitch3.thumb.JPG.e2f3d091e64b48b1790477f

Added some diagonal bracing at the mid attachment point also.

hitch4.thumb.JPG.fba012537cb915f03e5a7d0

Quick prime job

hitch5.thumb.jpg.cb96ff6fc7f1bebaa4e6165

Works great now, I can get the tractor and trailer at a 90 degree angle to each other, and probably more.

• Like 1