hodel612

C-165

hodel612

This may be a weird question but will a C-165 fit in the back of a Ram1500 w/ a 8ft bed? My first wheel horse I am going to pick up Sunday so I am not familiar with their size!!! Thank you!

• Like 1

daveoman1966

In a word...YES.

hodel612

Even with a plow attached ?

ericj

i haul tractors all the time in the bed of my Dakota with an 8 ft bed and I've hauled tractors with a plow on it. the tricky part is to get it up into the bed depending on how high your truck sits. i use aluminum ramps or 8 ft long wooden ramps and i always back on the truck that way when you unload it's less likely to end up on top of you when a ramp kicks out. my aluminum ramps have straps to hold them on to the rear bumper to help prevent this. the only way i can load a tractor into dad's 93 3/4 ton dodge cumin's is to load of the trailer because it sits so high

eric j     

hodel612

OK. Good deal! I appreciate all the help guys!

AMC RULES

Yep, with room to spare for lots more :wh: stuff to boot.  

hodel612

Is a C-165 a good starter tractor? I am getting pretty pumped about it!!

AMC RULES

Of course, it's a :wh: , will do pretty much anything you ask of it.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

hodel612

Good deal!

AMC RULES

:wwp: 

:WRS:

• Like 1

6wheeler

First of all, Welcome to :rs: . The C-165 is a very bad tractor. Nothing but trouble. I think you should just bring it up here. And, I will put it next to the troublesome C-165 I have. That way it can never bother you again. :ychain:  :ychain:  :ychain: . It is a great tractor. Mine is the hardest worker I have. I use it for everything and it doesn't whine about it :teasing-neener: . You will love it. And of course, this will just be the tip of the Iceberg. You may become addicted. You can't say you weren't warned :teasing-poke:. Good Luck.

• Like 1

neil

good luck with your new Horse , dont forget to take a few tools with you when you go to pick it up  just in case you have to remove that plow to get her onto your truck ,

c165 good tractor to have , i wouldnt mind one .

hodel612

I will get pics up as soon as possible.. However, what kind of implements can I run on this tractor?

56flatbed

Welcome to Red Square !  You can run just about any implement imaginable on that 165.  Check out the implements and attachments forum.

hodel612

OK. Thanks 56

bmsgaffer

I have a ram with the 6.5 ft bed and a wheel horse sits comfortably inside. It will fit plow with tailgate down, so it will fit in your truck...

HOWEVER, you will NOT be able to get it up a standard set of ramps with plow fitted. (and i bought extra long aluminum arched ramps too) Plow will bottom out. I would dismount plow, and lift it into the bed by hand.

steelman

I haul my tractors in the back of an Avalanche  I have to keep the tailgate down and I always use a chain and heavy rope to keep them from moving too much. You shouldn't have any problem. Good luck!

47JDG

Yes, a C-165 is an extremely capable wheel horse. The 16 horse kohler is what most guys lust for when it comes to the single cylinder kohlers. As others said, you may want to remove the plow first to make it easier to load, but it may load fine depending on your ramps.

Jake217

I will get pics up as soon as possible.. However, what kind of implements can I run on this tractor?

My first Wheel Horse was a C-165. I joined this forum right after buying it.  I now have 5 horses in the collection and use them all. The C-165 is my "go to" tractor when I need to do the tough stuff. I have had tall chute single stage snowblower on it, a 48" deck, a 44" deck, and the dozer blade. I now have a front end loader on it. I can fill a 10 cubic foot dump cart with anything and it pulls with zero issues.  It is a GREAT tractor.

Sorry about no pictures.  I'm traveling this weekend and don't have my computer with me.

Shawn Harrington

Yes, a C-165 is an extremely capable wheel horse. The 16 horse kohler is what most guys lust for when it comes to the single cylinder kohlers. As others said, you may want to remove the plow first to make it easier to load, but it may load fine depending on your ramps.

Being a C-85 owner.. you're exactly right,  I lust for the 16hp Kohler.    :)

• Like 1

47JDG

Being a C-85 owner.. you're exactly right,  I lust for the 16hp Kohler.    :)

I can't think of an honest negative for it. There are of course pros and cons for everything. All I can say is you will definitely see more fuel consumption than with your 8 horse, but when it comes to mowing some serious grass, or throwing some nasty snow, it is one tough dude!

• Like 1