Sparky

Tire and rim size?

Sparky

Can someone tell me what the two tire sizes that were available on the rear of a 1054 are?

I'm to lazy to trek out to the shed to see for myself....figured I would use the vast knowledge base here :hide:  .

Mike............

Lars

6.00-15 i guess.. lol

ol550

6.70-15 :dunno:

pacer

Why do I wanna remember it was 6.40-15??  I think because I had never heard of such a size?? Whatever, you aint gonna get any today...

"D"- Man

I only ever knew of one size, 6.40-15 as has been stated.  B.F. Goodrich Silvertown power grip was used as the lug tread.  Not sure what the turf tread tire was.

Mark.

• Like 1

Sparky

Ok, went and laid eyes on the 1054 I'm getting next week. The rears are 6.40x15 Silvertown Ag's but the guy I'm buying it from has a pair of unmounted 27x8.50x15 turf tires and a pair of 15" 4 lug wide rims that I could have instead of the Silvertowns. My question is...did the 1054 come with both size rear rims or could the wide ones be GT-14 rims :scratchead:  ?

Mike............

"D"- Man

The 953's and 1054's only came with 4.5" wide rims the GT-14's were wider I am not sure just how much wider.

Sparky

The 953's and 1054's only came with 4.5" wide rims the GT-14's were wider I am not sure just how much wider.

That would explain the wide rims I was offered. Now I need to decide if I want skinny originals or non-original wide rear rubber :scratchead:  .

Mike.............

Don1977

Question it do you want it stock. I like the look of wide tires. If we were talking about an RJ I think the narrow tires look better.

Sparky

Question it do you want it stock. I like the look of wide tires. If we were talking about an RJ I think the narrow tires look better.

I'm definitely leaning towards stock. It wont see any work, just wanted a tractor for tooling around at shows.

Mike............

Martin

Mike, i think the standard size looks just right. it is getting really hard to find good original size tires anymore......

i was lucky and picked up a good set with nice rims from Kelly when i first got my 1054. they are getting cracked more and more from use, but what do you do, my wife (its now hers) just loves driving it around at the shows.....

stevebo

Here is my 953 with the original skinny ags and the 1054 with the wider turfs. I am torn too. I think I like the ags better. 

post-734-0-70979300-1395795345_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-34517100-1395795387_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sparky

Yep, still leaning towards the original rears....but.....I prefer those wider fronts on your 1054 Steve.

Decisions, decisions, :scratchead:

Mike............

wp205a

Looked for a thread on turf vs. ag for rear on an 854, no luck. What size turfs do you guys use on my model? Since I'll just sickle mow, no use in getting ags when mine blow out. Thanks